2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Update on ginseng prices?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15437

I used a rule this year that I would not dig anything smaller than my thumb. With one exception and that was if the plant was 40-50 years old and was in bad soil and not going to get much bigger I took it. Anything smaller went back in the ground and if I had a dollar for every top I broke off to keep people from digging small plants I'd be have a BIG pile of dough. I only ended up with 3 pounds but it is a very very nice three pounds and I am really proud of how it looks laying in the box. Hope the price keeps going up because this is just to nice a seng to sell this low.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15445

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Big lizard, would be great if you can share some photos of your roots :)

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15447

biglizard wrote:

I used a rule this year that I would not dig anything smaller than my thumb. With one exception and that was if the plant was 40-50 years old and was in bad soil and not going to get much bigger I took it. Anything smaller went back in the ground and if I had a dollar for every top I broke off to keep people from digging small plants I'd be have a BIG pile of dough. I only ended up with 3 pounds but it is a very very nice three pounds and I am really proud of how it looks laying in the box. Hope the price keeps going up because this is just to nice a seng to sell this low.

Thats the way you dig. If you are in Ohio, I'd certainly like to take a look at your lot and make you an offer.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15449

Here are a few good ones. I put my seng in a large box and afraid if I dig more out I'm going to break some. Most my seng is at lest half this size. These roots are totally dry.
Attachments:

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15450

If it all looks like that, you have a select lot. I don't see many of those...

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15452

They are pretty select. But as I said they were selected in the woods and not from a big pile with small root sorted out. I am amazed at how some roots shrink a lot and some not so much. I can tell you where some on here say it takes 150-200 roots to make a pound I would guess that I was around 80 to 100 roots (maybe less) to make my pounds if that is any indication. I think we would have a distance problem as I am just above Marietta and you are from the North country.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15453

I'll shoot you an email. I get down that way to buy ginseng pretty regularly.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15457

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Woah...these are nice looking roots. I'm sure your buyer will be happy to see your lot.

And aren't these the the type of roots we all love to see :-)

Long neck, good size, bulby, root hair, nice color and texture. I wonder how it taste...

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15459

BigLizard- give me a call 740-252-6947

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15460

Thanks Kman, Haven't tasted any yet. These might be a little too big and pretty to eat.But if the price don't keep going up I may have to.lol

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 109 guests and no members online

Login