2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Update on ginseng prices?

Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13790

Anyone got PRICES being paid right now? locations?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13814

• zap275
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In Ohio, Castle was paying about $430 last weekend. He said he can pay a little more if you have a really nice bunch and they arn't all busted up. You can contact him at 419.651.8158

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13818

• mifflin fur
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hey fellas im currently paying 400-435 depending on quaility my number is 419-651-5054 thanks for your time ..........dusty:)

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13820

Thanks Zap,

Where are you located mifflin fur?

rootman

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13821

• mifflin fur
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
central ohio in ashland co.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13837

Hi Everyone.

Yes, I am paying an average of $430 right now. I can and WILL pay a little more if you have a nice collection of material that doesn't have a bunch of damage or small stuff in the lot. Likewise, if it is a poor lot, I'll pay a little less. But, I will give you a fair deal either way.

Like all of you, I've heard all the speculation about prices getting high again this year. I'm not holding my breath. China hasn't come into the market yet, and if they don't soon, expect the prices to start dropping -not going up. Like all of you, I'm a digger too and I'd rather see prices advance a little higher. But, dealers can't pay more than we get or we go out of business.

Feel free to get in touch at 419.651.8158 Afternoons are the best.

On a side note, I'm particularly interested in ginseng from the southeastern section of the state and try to be in the area down there every week or so. Just give me a shout and I'll tell you where I plan to be and when.

Good digging all!

brad

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13843

I was told 360 a pound here in east Tennessee this morning. I'm holding out till I see 600 or higher, if it don't get there this year. I'll hold out till next.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13845

Big rod I agree, 600 or more is what its going to take to buy mine.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13870

For those of you who are contemplating holding your ginseng over until next year, just be sure you follow your state laws regarding doing so. Here is Ohio law on the subject:

Ohio Administrative Code 1501:31-40-02 Ginseng registration permit; dealer record requirements.

(B) No person shall buy or otherwise acquire or possess Ohio dry uncertified wild or dry uncertified cultivated ginseng from April first through September fifteenth of each year, or green uncertified wild or green uncertified cultivated ginseng from April first through August thirty-first without written authorization from the chief of the division of wildlife. Live immature cultivated ginseng plants and seeds from cultivated ginseng plants sold by commercial growers for propagation purposed within the United States are no regarded as harvested and are exempt from the certification requirement and may be possessed at any time provided any person possessing such cultivated ginseng supplies proof of purchase, upon demand, to any law enforcement office having jurisdiction.

Ohio Administrative Code 1501:31-40-03 Ginseng certification for exportation.

(I) Dealers, buyers or any other person shall submit for weighting all uncertified wild and/or cultivated ginseng on hand as of March thirty-first of each year. The chief of the division of wildlife or his agent shall weigh and receipt the number of pounds and ounces of uncertified ginseng on hand. Such uncertified stock is to be documented as to the source, the date harvested, the weight and date of transaction, as is required in the regular certification process. These records as well as the accompanying ginseng shall be open to inspection by any authorized agent of hte division of wildlife at all reasonable hours. Future export certification will be based upon these weight receipts in a drawdown process until all documented stock has been certified. Any uncertified stock acquired from April first through August thirty-first of each year requires prior written approval of the chief of the division of wildlife

I too hope the price gets to $600 a pound this year, however, anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and, right now no one is willing to pay that much for our Ohio sang. Remember guys, if they decide they don't want it any more, it is worth nothing.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 5 months ago #13871

• Whitecrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 dealers here in Pa. are payin $500

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 64 guests and no members online

Login