2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Update on ginseng prices?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15240

call george or terry 513-377-5019 or 513-255-7905 have 50 pounds of certified ginseng high quality have pictures upon request

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15259

• lightning root
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think all the Dealers are working together.Hang on long as you you.I look for record prices by the first of the year.China will buy and when they do look out.Who ever has root will be well PAYED

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15260

I agree theres not a h0le lot root out there must diggers i know have already sold.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15261

Plus KY. season was two weeks short on top of the drought KYs poundage will be way down.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15264

Gilloglys Inc.-
Our price in (White Cottage)Zanesville,OH is UP TO $520 for good quality wild OH ginseng. Please call 740-849-2587 or 740-252-6947 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for further details.

Shop Address: 5380 Jonathan Dr. Zanesville, Oh 43701

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15266

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
Chinese new year starts on 22 or 23 jan next year, just under 3 mth to go. I think the buyers need to buy soon to meet the seasonal demand. These wild sang would need time to process before actually reaching the shelves. Seems like the timeline is very tight this year.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15269

hey guys stumbled across this while wondering around the internet. now i realize this is for cultivated sang but i gotta think it will translate somewhat to wild. http://www.marathonginseng.com scroll to the bottom of the home page where it says news, they say their prices are up 20% this year. now how could this not affect us? wouldnt it mean wild prices should rise? and also ive heard some guys on hear sayin the asians arent in the market yet but it says the farmers in wisconsin are covered up with buyers. anyway just saw it figured i would share and look at any reactions. thanks for readin

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15271

ruter wrote:

hey guys stumbled across this while wondering around the internet. now i realize this is for cultivated sang but i gotta think it will translate somewhat to wild. http://www.marathonginseng.com scroll to the bottom of the home page where it says news, they say their prices are up 20% this year. now how could this not affect us? wouldnt it mean wild prices should rise? and also ive heard some guys on hear sayin the asians arent in the market yet but it says the farmers in wisconsin are covered up with buyers. anyway just saw it figured i would share and look at any reactions. thanks for readin

I would believe this. My information suggests that the Ontario cultivated crop was not good at all this year. They had a lot of weather problems the last year or two and it is showing up this fall in low harvests and lower quality root.

It would make sense that buyers of cultivated root would be quickly looking elsewhere to replace what they can't buy from Ontario. On the other hand, cultivated root and wild are totally different markets. I know I thought the same thing at first though.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15273

lightning root wrote:

I think all the Dealers are working together.Hang on long as you you.I look for record prices by the first of the year.China will buy and when they do look out.Who ever has root will be well PAYED

You base this on what? Or, is it just an assumption based on nothing?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15275

assume that spells \"ass u me\" we need to work together so everybody gets paid a fair price. The truth is the market is up in asia due to several factors. This is definately a strange year asia knows our economy is down so they are using this to their advantage. business is business of course they will buy cheap as long as they, can who wouldnt? Myself though i feel my sain is my sain and nobody gets it till i say so, im not greedy but the amount of time involved in gathering is worth more than someone who doesnt gather will ever know. I enjoy being in the woods so i do it, but all this selling crap gets very annoying. I think thats how most of us gatherers feel that is why my friends have asked me to help get a fair price for theirs when i sell mine. Lucky me, huh.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 262 guests and no members online

Login