2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Update on ginseng prices?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 3 months ago #16111

Herbuyer,what is sang from western new york and n.e. Penn.worth?elev.1500-2200

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 3 months ago #16112

i mean n.w. penn not n.e.,my mistake

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 3 months ago #16113

Around 580.-600.00 a bit more or less depending on the strength of collection.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 3 months ago #16115

I sold some fresh root in Aug.for $150.I am thinking that was a very good and fair price.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 3 months ago #16120

hey wolf you mind sharing where you sold? thanks

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 3 months ago #16121

ruter wrote:

hey wolf you mind sharing where you sold? thanks

BT Weekley - 330-674-4195 (he is out of Coshocton county area but travels into my area to buy once a week. He ended up being 15 minutes from me. I would normally go to Gillogly in White cottage who was offering the same price but it would have been an hour one way for me to drive there, so I actually made out better just saving the fuel.)

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 3 months ago #16130

Wolf,
I used to hunt in that area a lot back in the day. Some of the best spots and roots I ever found were from that area. I grew up there and my family is still from that area. I used to sell to Gillogly back in the late 70's and early 80's. I thought he was older fella back then but I talked to him a couple of years ago and he is still at it I guess. I believe his son helps now but I could be wrong. He always treated me well on price.

When I was a kid I got into some exceptionally nice roots (Beginners Luck) and he said they were some of the finest roots he ever saw. I do not remember how old they were but they had long necks and were nice and bulby with many different shapes etc. I remember the plant tops were very large too and the stems were thicker than a pencil. I dried them on my ping pong table in the basement and they covered both sides. What a spot that was. Never found one like it since. Half of it was hanging off the steep banks of a very deep ravine or gorge. It was tough treading and many a root were dug with one hand while I hung onto a small tree with the other hand to keep from falling into the creek at the bottom of the gorge. My little brother still lives in Dresden and does a lot of deer hunting but not any seng hunting.
Good luck next year.
Latt

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 421 guests and no members online

Login