2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Update on ginseng prices?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15322

\"In the real world, you cannot made someone buy something they don't want, or make them buy something they want for more than they are willing to pay. You most certainly cannot make someone pay more for it than they can get when they resell it. THAT is the real reality of the situation kids\"...........
the real reality is its mine and I don't have to sell it for any less than what I think its worth..I've been digging and selling root for over 40 years and I aint no damn kid..and aint going to be suckered..;) ;) they will give what I think its worth or they don't buy it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15323

chief ,
I heard through the grapevine that darwin is at 450.00
That's not from me though..... i wouldn't want to spread any untruths on here.........lol

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15324

Triton, What part of the country you from? The reason I ask is because the dealers up here in southern Ohio were giving like $525-$535 a lb last I heard.I thought maybe your sang is a little smaller or something?

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15326

Bcastle,

It seems you are against people wanting better prices for their ginseng?

There really is no need for your insults (kids) and negativity.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15328

lenno wrote:

Bcastle,

It seems you are against people wanting better prices for their ginseng?

There really is no need for your insults (kids) and negativity.

First, I have said all along I hope the digger price moves up to over $600 a pound. But, I don't think that is going to happen. I make more money when the market is climbing and people are happily selling.

I am not against anyone making as much as possible, I am against people spreading unfounded and unwarranted positions that are simply contrary to the reality of the situation or just simply completely untrue.

I am a digger too. I want the best prices for my ginseng as well and expect everyone else does too. But, to cast buyers as greedy cheats taking advantage of someone for making 20 or 30 bucks on a 500 or 600 pound of ginseng is the insult.

I call everyone 'kids' if anyone takes that as an insult...they seriously need to grow up.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15329

Chieftain wrote:

the real reality is its mine and I don't have to sell it for any less than what I think its worth..I've been digging and selling root for over 40 years and I aint no damn kid..and aint going to be suckered..;) ;) they will give what I think its worth or they don't buy it.

Absolutely. You can keep your ginseng for the rest of your life to keep someone from 'taking advantage of you by not giving you what you think it is worth. But, is it better to get $500 a pound or nothing at all? As much as you think your stuff is worth, it is only in fact worth what someone is willing to pay you for it today. If you become emotionally attached to it, then it has intrinsic value to you and that value may well be more than anyone else would ever be willing to pay.

You do what you want. I can't make you sell it (nor would I want to do so) any more than you can make me buy it.

Keep this point in mind...I don't care if you keep it or sell it. But, if you sell it, you will only get what someone is willing to pay. You just cannot make someone buy something. Expecially at a price higher than they are willing to pay because you think it has value above what they are willing to pay. That's just silly and we all know it is.

...if you decide to keep it over, just be sure to comply with the law for getting it registered, certified, or whatever your particular state says you need to do to keep it past the season.

Something else most folks don't seem to understand is that holding a significant amount of ginseng over completely screws up the numbers of both years. To sell that ginseng you are falsifying an official record, which is an arrestable crime in this state, unless you list the true harvest date on your paperwork. Which, if you didn't get it certified or registered, is a also a crime. It has to be handled seperately (read more $$) as the export licenses and permits are different for each harvest year, and they expire after a short time.

The last thing any of us need is the feds making new rules to restrict the sale of roots from one year into the next to make the record keeping more accurate. They appear to be looking closely at regulating wild sim as it is.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15378

• kman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • looking for 1/2 lb dry wild sang
I think the main issue here is the volume of roots you are dealing with. 20lbs of dry roots is quite alot for a digger. But it sounds like dealers need to move barrels worth roots make it worthwhile. So they deal with hundreds of lbs. they cannot commit tens of thousands of dollars if they cannot find a ready big volume buyer.

Smaller dealers with tens of pounds or even a hundred pound could take their time selling in small lots till 31mar. But I doubt the bigger dealers have that much time or cash to just sit on the stock till prices peak. They will also need to be able to roll their cash to be able to stay in business.

I don't think anyone should taje offence by the postings here. It is just that everyone have different point of view. It's great that everyone is willing to share their views.

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15384

kman,
you have hit the nail on the head.
the big buyers deal in volume so 1000 lbs at $50 profit on the lb. is $50,000.
but then if it drops or the asians close the doors at peak prices then whoa to the dealer that is stuck with it.

rootman

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15386

triton wrote:

chief ,
I heard through the grapevine that darwin is at 450.00
That's not from me though..... i wouldn't want to spread any untruths on here.........lol

...thanks for the update,Triton..nowhere near my target price so I aint paying much attention to it right now.just a bunch of dealer double talk,just like is on this thread right here.;) its still mine ,and they will pay that price or not get it..as far as being insulted ,being called a kid and silly. and to grow up ,well to those ,they can piss off.as far as I care.I've been called worse than that when getting a fair price for MY seng..have a good one men...,

Re:Update on ginseng prices? 12 years 4 months ago #15387

I've said enough. Everyone has their own mind set but if I hear of any price changes in KY. I'll post it. Good luck,

rootman

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 283 guests and no members online

Login