2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain sengin 2019

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42130

Nice looking stuff 44... same way around here.. some of the sang is holding up but the cohosh seems to be getting burnt up..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42131

Thanks guys, just thrilled to get another outing in after all the hot dry weather. I'm just simply amazed at how well the seng has held up against the heat and drought we've had. Unfortunately it's suppose to get back up in the mid 90's by next weekend, just unbelievable. I hope to get a few more hunts in before it hits. Jm466, the cohosh is just thick up in these mountains. A man could dig it from sun up to sun down and not dig it all. I personally don't dig cohosh, but some people do. Not sure what the prices are on it right now.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42132

good stuff,44

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42133

Chief, I ran into a stinging caterpillar yesterday on my way out of the woods. You talk about painful. First time i've ever run into one. I was walking through a laurel thicket and my arm brushed against one of the branches. All of a sudden my arm felt like it was on fire. I didn't know what in the world had happened till I looked on one of the branches and saw the caterpillar. It looked like I had dozens of tiny little stings all the way across my arm. I almost made it out of the woods without hurting myself, lol.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42134

dang 44 those can be painful...hope it heals up quick...

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42135

It was painful indeed. The effects didn't last too long fortunately. I went back out this morning it was in the low 70's and ended up in high 80's. I stayed along an old creek bottom I use to hunt years ago. It wasn't too bad, still went through 3 canteens of water in a couple hours. Found a pretty good mess in there this morning. A lot of good healthy green ones still in there down low, but those ridge sides are drying up fast. I will try to get in there one more time before this weekend, suppose to be in mid 90's.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42136

Monday morning seng
Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42137

Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42138

Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42139