2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain sengin 2019

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42029

You heard a price yet 44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42030

I haven't heard anything on prices this year. I always sell dry and not usually till around mid to late November. Hope everyone gets a good price this year. Not sure how or if these tariffs will effect the ginseng market, might be interesting, we'll see.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42031

Good luck to you guys this year. I’m hearing that the dry prices are going to be poor because the tariffs are really hurting the Chinese economy. But on the other end of it the green market is pretty strong and prices are real close to what they were last year... I can’t decide to sell it green or clean it and risk the prices with the dry market.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42032

I always hold on to mine and sell dry. I don't make a killing on seng either way. It's just a fun hobby I really enjoy a couple months out of the year. Now for someone who makes a living off dealing seng the tarriff situation might be a little more stressful and significant. It's still nice to get a good price for all the hard work though. Good luck this season!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42033

Green was 6.25 an oz. Today when I called

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42035

It's been hotter than blue blazes everyday this month so far. In the low 90's and humid. It hasn't kept me out of the woods though. I've been getting in there early for couple hours here and there. Went this morning up a creek I've never been to before and discovered a nice little waterfall back in there, beautiful area.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42036

Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42037

Found this nice 4 prong sticking out of a thicket right next to the creek. Glad I found it before the bugs finished it off, lol.
Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42038

Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42039

I named this, Seng Falls.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds