2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain sengin 2019

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42172

I got two tenths of rain at 7am this morning,the sun has came out and its so humid my lawn smells like cabbage cooking...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42173

I got two tenths of rain at 7am this morning,the sun has came out and its so humid my lawn smells like cabbage cooking...

lol, nothing worse than when that sun comes out right after a rain. It tried to sprinkle a little bit here the other day, seems like it evaporated before it hit the ground. 33 days and counting since any measurable rain here.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42174

10:30 this morning and 89 degrees oh boy the rest of the day should be hot...oh yea and humid...

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42175

93 degrees here today,,think the seng is over here

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42176

yep, i'm getting a very similar vibe here chief. It's 95 out there right now and it's October 1st. It was mid 90's yesterday, and tomorrow will be 94, and thursday 95. Friday it drops to 85, but says mostly sunny and humid. I might try to go early Friday, and that's a big "might". Just wasn't in the cards this year for sure. Just checked the extended forecast for October, and no rain in sight. My uncle said he heard it is suppose to be a nasty winter here this year, cold, rain, snow..etc. Boy will that be a total turnaround.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42177

Everything is dead around here.even the oak trees are losing leaves. Dug a hole 7 ft deep and not a sign of moisture.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42178

Dang AK, I hope you were using a backhoe to dig that hole, lol. I think i'd need a jackhammer to break up the dirt in my yard right now. This god awful heat/drought has affected quite a few areas. Hope you guys find some relief as well. It's got to rain eventually although, I'm beginning to wonder...

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42179

Took a back hoe across a slew that was dry and dug a hole to bury some stumps. Where we dug there was 10 feet of water in the spring flood this year. Now you can drive a truck there and the ground is cracked a foot wide in spots

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42180

91 here today,big cool off coming but still no rain.....

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42181

We had 98 yesterday and so far today 96... no rain in over a month and we set a record for the month of September for # days over 90 degrees...

The Forrest floor just bare looking... like in January, it has all dried up died, fell off.

I planted a patch of greens with some Zucchini and Cucumbers on Sept 7 and it has not rained on it one time. I sure am getting tired of watering.

Sure will be glad when it cools off some and comes a good long rain.

TNHunter

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 565 guests and no members online

Login