2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain sengin 2019

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42040

good looking spot for sure 44...after AK's post this morning of 6.25 green ,I did call 3 buyers in my area...guess with the brother in laws health issues and the news they told me I will hunt just enough to say I hunted and keep my streak alive[52 years ive been digging].they all seemed to agree that its not so much the tariffs driving down the price,its the 60 plus percent of last years harvest that has not been sold in China,one buyer said he is starting out a little less than half price as from last year..so he is thinking 300 to 350 at the start of the season.......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42041

Wild...

that is some great looking seng there... love those roots.

looks like some kind of insect is really punching some holes in your seng tops. Don't think I have ever seen them eaten up that bad.

glad to see someone is out and digging a little. I have not gone yet myself... except to collect berries and plant them here on my place.

I have picked and planted 310 berries so far off my seed bed tops. This past Saturday about half of them were yellow and brown, going down fast. we have had lot of mid 90's days, and no rain for a while. A lot of my wild sim is down too already. We had a good early growing season this year with lots of rain, but August and so far early Sept have been hard.

Keep posting those pics... love em !

TNHunter

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42042

Chief, I heard very similar news last season and ended up getting around 750 a lb around late November, which I thought was a good price all things considered. It would not surprise me to see lower prices this year for sure, we'll just have to see.

Tn, yes i've noticed the bugs really tearing up those tops this year for some reason, especially on the bigger tops. Not sure what kind of bugs are doing it, but they seem to love em, lol. It's been really hot and dry for a while around here as well. We need some rain.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42043

I agree 44 I ended up getting 775,but last year starting price was 475 to 500....,300 to 350 starting price is the lowest starting price ive heard in 5 years.....

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42044

Another hot day on the mountain today. I didn't venture to far from the road, but boy that ridge was steep. Didn't find any monster roots today, but some pretty ginseng, and my first ever double top off one root as well. I've always heard about them but never saw one till today, very strange.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42045

I tell you what, nothing better than a cold beer when you feel like you earned it, lol.
Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42046

Double top off one root
Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42047

Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42048

Attachments:

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 6 months ago #42049

Chief, I believe that everything points to lower prices this year for sure. I'm just going to enjoy my time in the woods, and if the price gets to low I'll just hang on to it. I definitely don't see myself digging as much as I did last season, so I'll just have to see how much seng I end up with and weigh my options. Like I said earlier It's just a hobby and gaining, or losing couple hundred bucks isn't a big deal, but I definitely won't give it away either. I can see how someone dealing with a large amount of seng, the difference could be fairly substantial. That's how I see it anyway. I will say I don't believe I would sell for under 600 a lb.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds

Who's Online

We have 337 guests and no members online

Login