2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain sengin 2019

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42182

I heard that TN, it will be a breath of fresh air for sure. It certainly hasn't been like any September I ever remember, or October for that matter, so far. Calling for 96 tomorrow, very hot, and humid, in October! Starting to feel like a twilight zone episode around here. Only good news is there's a 76 percent chance of thundershowers here Monday. I'm not exactly holding my breath though, lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42183

tn.44.its sure been a hot dry couple of months ,hard to think that this spring it was raining every other day,sure hope we all get some relief.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42185

cooled down really good ,47 degrees this morning but not a drop of rain ,dry ,dry ,dry.....

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42186

I went this morning to take a look around. I guess it's around 7-8 degrees cooler today, which isn't saying much. I went to a place just off the road, but straight down into a steep hollow. I spotted a nice light green 4 prong right off the bat. I got a little excited thinking I might run into a mess. However, it just suckered me farther down in the hollow where I think I found just about 5-6 more, lol. She's pretty much cooked out there fellas, which is about what I expected. I feel lucky and blessed to have harvested what I did this year. Going out of town Monday, hope it has cooled off some by the time I get back.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42187

Hey fellas, I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing. We finally got the cool down they've been forecasting but no rain with it.

I went out yesterday and found 1 nice 3 prong that was half green, half yellow. It may be pretty much done for around here. I just haven't been able to get out enough to see really.

I worked almost the whole month of September but now I've got some time off. I'm going to try to dig some this next week but if it's too far gone, I will hang it up for the season.

Good Luck to all you guys for the remainder of the season. I will check back in soon.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42188

hope you find some UB, think its about done here.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42189

Hey Ub, I've been spending most of this season complaining about the weather, lol. I was able to somehow plow through the heat half dozen times I guess. I talked to my buyer yesterday, and he said everyone has dug less this season with the heat being so bad and all. Maybe that'll be even better for prices next year, who knows. The ground is so dry around here it's like walking on potato chips. I hope you're able to find a nice mess in there Ub, sounds like you deserve it! Be safe out there.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42190

the hot dry weather is over,got 3 and a half inches of rain today ,cold front went through and the temps.dropped 20 degrees in a hour ,head for a low of 30 degrees tonight...brrrrrr.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42191

Nice to hear the hot dry spell is over up there chief. Man, I bet that does feel cold after all that heat. I've been in South Carolina on the coast all week. It's been really nice weather over here. I went on a charter fishing trip today. We caught some big red fish, and a few sharks too. I checked back home, and the heat is over, but still no rain. Looks like we might actually get a little tonight, early next week, boy do we need it! We've already had a few wildfires popping up.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain sengin 2019 4 years 5 months ago #42192

sounds like you had a good trip 44.

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 409 guests and no members online

Login