2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 3 years 4 months ago #42680

I use kraft zesty Italian dressing.....it is also excellent to soak fish in,,,but if you fry fish soaked in it the breading will turn a darker brown instead of the golden color,,it is good to soak fish in....nice meat hammer TN..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 3 years 4 months ago #42681

Chief...

I don't do breading anymore... figured out what was about to kill me (causing so much gut pain, surgery, etc)... carbs... breading, bread, white flour, corn meal, are some of the worst offenders.

A lot of people wonder why they have such joint pain, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, gut issues, clogged arteries, etc....

And the rest (who have figured out what causes all that)... and are determined to get better... they Keto.

I love breaded fried fish, chicken, etc... but don't do that anymore...

I season mine in a 5 spice mix (onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper), and cook in a healthy fat.. I normally use Ghee (Grass Fed).
Lots of flavor, minimal carbs.

Anyone interested in learning more about Keto Diet... search youtube for "Ruled Me"
a very good source.

TNHunter

opening day... 3 years 4 months ago #42682

merry xmas to all you woods walkers

opening day... 3 years 3 months ago #42683

Had a great Christmas here in TN this year. Got to see all my kids for several days at home with us. Cooked a nice prime rib for them... man that stuff is good.
My wife and I were blessed this past COVID year, with very little impact on our income, really none at all. I know a lot of Americans cant say that, GOD bless them.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas !!!

I sure hope this COVID thing gets squashed soon.

I have to say i am not happy at all with the Election results... Hope all those that cheated get what they deserve, some jail time.

Now that Christmas is over.. I am officially ready for SPRING, Fishing, Shrooming...

Come on spring peepers... usually don't hear those until late Feb, Early March... That is when you know winter is almost over.

The Days are officially getting longer now... working on the swing back to spring, summer.

TNHunter

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

opening day... 3 years 3 months ago #42684

got a ice storm going this morning....

opening day... 3 years 3 months ago #42686

I've got the kitchen cabinets in place and we're finally ready to have the countertops measured and ordered so I've lightened up on myself and am getting into the woods more the past week or so.

We had a nice white Christmas but the snow is all gone. We've had quite a bit of rain since. I too am ready for spring.

opening day... 3 years 3 months ago #42687

TN, I just now saw your post regarding brine and deer meat, not sure how I missed it but thanks.

Not to be an alarmist or drama queen, but today I tested positive for COVID. They did a second swab which was sent to a lab, maybe that one will come back negative but my symptoms seem to align with COVID protocol. My wife has not shown symptoms but obviously, she has been exposed to me. We've contacted everyone we've had contact with recently. My quarantine ends this weekend.

My symptoms include achy muscles, some chills, a bit of a cough, and frequent shortness of breath on my woods walks, which I'm still doing, just much slower. I have little to no energy as well. Pretty typical of flues I've had in the past. Sometimes I feel as though I've gone a round or two with Mike Tyson and he punched the heck out of my torso, legs and arms. ;) I also lack appetite though I do feel hungry.

I suspect an electrician we had in prior to Christmas may have passed it on to me but I'm not certain.

In 2019 I came down with Lyme disease, now this, I'll be fine. I'll keep in touch and give my wife my login...just in case. Ok, that's a bit dramatic. lol Peace all.

opening day... 3 years 3 months ago #42688

Woods Iam hoping for the very best for you and the wife......

opening day... 3 years 3 months ago #42689

Woodsrunner...

Hope you get well soon friend. Praying for you and your family..

See the info available on the youtube link below. Medicram... they give some very good tips on what you need to do if you test positive, or if you have been in contact with someone that test positive.

I remember early on that this Dr was going thru an elaborate string of steps to help make sure that he did not get COVID (nor his wife or children), even though dealing with COVID sick people on a daily basis... and one thing he did on a daily basis was a hypothermia shower...

Basically ... Hot Water as hot as you can stand for a few minutes, followed directly by cold water, as cold as you can stand for a few minutes, then repeat to hot and cold, for a few times. He did this every day after arriving home from work as part of his anti covid protocal.

That process of jolting your body temp from hot to cold and back a few times, does something that really boost your body's innate immune response. Best I remember his total shower time was 15 minutes...

In the video below... at around 7:50 time, he gives some details on that.

I know that would not be comfortable... I have done it before, but it is something that anyone could do.

If I get COVID I plan to try that out.

TNHunter

opening day... 3 years 3 months ago #42690

Thanks Chief and TN, I'll take a look at the video here shortly TN. My positive results were confirmed today and I told my daughter who lives in WA state and she's kind of freaking out a bit and emailing me with questions.

I've progressed from the achy muscles to more of a head cold. Yesterday, I couldn't walk the dogs due to chills but today I spent a few hours outside with them. My shortness of breath seems to be improving as well. I hung the last two cupboards in the kitchen Tuesday afternoon but yesterday, didn't have the gumption to even install knobs. Same today.

I still can't determine how I got it or from whom. The timeline of my initial symptoms is shaky and the one time I let my guard down doesn't really fit into any timeline scenario.

My wife, who obviously has been exposed (to me), still is showing no symptoms to speak of. Go figure.

Meanwhile, I have seeds that need planted but I'm not able to muster the energy to do so. I'll keep you all posted.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 446 guests and no members online

Login