2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42610

Chief.. you know what they say about a bad day fishing..

better than a good day working :-)

Hope your fishing improves a lot next trip.

TNHunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42615

near record high temp.s today still no rain, mowing the yard count now up to 47 days without mowing....

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42633

ok ,missed tying a record temp for yesterday by 1 degree[87]....tonight a low of the 31..dont know what the hell is going on with this weather...guess the freeze will end my 'haven't mowed since count' because still no rain.tomorrow would be 54 days since I mowed....

opening day... 3 years 5 months ago #42634

finally got out and caught some crappie[38]..and I reaped the rewards..

opening day... 3 years 5 months ago #42635

Dang!, that looks good. No better eating in the world than that right there. Something else that's really good is Crappie tacos. Soft shell is the best In my opinion. Just put pretty much what you normally would on a taco, it is killer!

opening day... 3 years 5 months ago #42642

Sweet job Chief.

opening day... 3 years 5 months ago #42644

well our fall colors on the leaves were consistent this fall. the leaves went from green to brown to on the ground.31 degrees here this morning...

opening day... 3 years 5 months ago #42645

Our leaves did that last year Chief... when extremely dry... that just mostly turn brown and then fall off.

We had plenty of rain this year and some great fall colors.

Great Looking fish supper there Chief... Nice job of cooking that up. Oh man those crappie filets are so good.

It has been cool and cloudy here the past few days.. ready for some sunshine.

I am still getting a few green beans from the garden... have harvested lots of black eyed peas, and have more ready now..
Carrots are getting eating size now and taste great... another few weeks and I may harvest the rest (gotta be 300 or so out there),
Beets and Lettuce looking good... and still getting a few strawberries, and raspberries from my food forest and picked 9 figs today... oh man they are good.

My ginseng is looking nice a dry... anyone heard anything on prices lately (for dry) ?

TNHunter

opening day... 3 years 5 months ago #42646

good for you tn..most gardens around here burnt up a month or more ago.....

opening day... 3 years 5 months ago #42647

Well.. we have had a couple good frost now... Okra, Black Eyed Peas, Green Beans... goners...in the compost pile now.

All I have left in the flat garden now are carrots, lettuce, beets.. and they are looking good... except for a little deer browse.. which I intend to pay back soon.

Even with our two light frosts... I am still getting a few Figs and a couple hands full of raspberries about every other day. Nice having fresh fruit this late into November even...

Hopefully in a year or two, when my new apple trees start bearing... I will have lots of apples this time of year too.

Had a little health concern last week... had very mild symptoms of a sore throat for 2-3 days... and well that is one of the symptoms of Covid... I got a test on Friday evening after work... and they called me back on Saturday evening... Negative.

Just a bit of sore throat .... no Covid.

Just a FYI for all of you out there... a tip for boosting your immune system.

Vitamin D3
Vitamin C
Zinc

When I got my COVID test the Doc said by the way you need to be taking those, especially if your test comes back positive. Said it would help with symptoms.

I told her I had been taking them since March.. PS the Doc recommeded a form of Zinc (or brand ?) called Zicom ? I don't have that but may look for it next time I am Walmart or our local Pharm.

On the D3... no kind of manufactured supplement is as good as the real thing... getting sunshine on your skin converts cholesterol to Vit D3.
That is by far the best way to get it... so any time you get a chance to sit in the sunshine a bit... roll up those sleeves get some sunshine on what ever skin you can get some sunshine on.

There is a lot of COVID going on around here now... probably where you all are too.

Hope you all stay well and safe !

TNHunter

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Who's Online

We have 116 guests and no members online

Login