2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42576

Chief, that is just unbelievable. It's amazing the nerve and disrespect some people have. It reminds me of a large tract of land I use to hunt years ago. There were 4 wheeler roads all over it and a million different ways in there. Almost every time I was in there I ran into people trespassing they just didn't care. Unless you're in there 24/7 it's hard to stop them unfortunately.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42578

this is a bad cause its right out his back door,if they come this close whats going to stop them from coming in his house or his shop....he got 16 wonderful pic.s of a guy dressed in all camo wearing a face mask,the guy knew he was stealing it was painfully clear.....my buddy never took me in there but I seen pic.s on his phone,some plants were almost belt buckle tall......hes 45 years old and his grand dad and father had planted some of those seeds back in the late 60's and early 70's....

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42579

That is so sad chief, and I know your friend is beyond sad. I tell you the world we're living in right now is scary. A lot of People just don't respect each other or their property anymore. I had a double axle 16ft utility trailer stole right out of my drive way several years ago. My driveway is fairly steep and would've taken just an unreal amount of nerve and balls to steal it. There's no telling what I would've done to him or them if I would've caught em. I have a lock on the one I have now. Cameras or no cameras people are just downright crazy anymore.

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42580

Hate to hear that Chief... the worst fear of a ginseng grower and lover... come true.

Anyone that grows seng and gets it up nice and big, old mature roots... that is a real risk.

This makes me remember Hillhopper and all that VERY NICE SENG he had growing. I hope he gets to dig all that himself and makes a nice profit off it.
ole Classic fur has some pretty nice seng growing up there in Main... and Guy up in Canada.. hope theirs worked out too... for their benefit.

What is this world coming to....

2 Timothy3
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.

TNHunter

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42585

just got an update,game warden went and had a knock and talk to the number one suspect,the warden told my buddy he would bet his bottom dollar that this suspect got my buddys seng just by the way he talked,but without further proof he couldn't execute a search warrant.....

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42593

Chief, I don't know what to say except I have a knot in my stomach after reading your post. The thief, whoever he is, has to move that seng, maybe the warden will contact local buyers, like they do with pawn shops.

I don't know, having that many plants stolen might send me over the top.

We've had a bit of "suspicious activity" in our hollow and have reported it to authorities. We think it's meth or other narcotics related and suspect a neighbor from drawing in the rif-raff.

I'm contemplating a security system with a monitor similar to those in convenience stores. Anyone have any knowledge/experience with such systems? Wireless would be best so I could install multiple cameras in my woods.

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42598

my other buddy is using trail cam's he uses deer hunting,,it automatically sends a notification to his phone when its activated,,he has caught three tresspassers this year...he told me ,I would be amazed how fast a officer can respond when they know you have these cam's on your property.....

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42606

drought outlook came out yesterday,,iam in severe drought ,40 days since ive mowed my yard,,,sure took the ginseng out quick this year...

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42607

Hate to hear about the drought chief it can definitely happen some years. Nothing will kill ginseng quicker. One thing is for sure and that is we can't change the weather. Hope you get into the crappie this fall/winter anyway.

opening day... 3 years 6 months ago #42608

we went crappie fishing Monday,it sucked,the water was turning over..was kinda murky..5 fish in 5 hours...supposed to get mighty warm next week,hope you find time to get out there 44.if cant hunt I can always enjoy your pic.s

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Who's Online

We have 343 guests and no members online

Login