2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 4 years 3 months ago #42244

that sounds like a fun hunt 44,supposed to get 6 to 8 more inches this afternoon and tonight...hope they are wrong, I got enough snow for now....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 4 years 3 months ago #42245

merry xmas one and all....

opening day... 4 years 3 months ago #42246

I'll second that motion. Hope you're all safe and doing well.

opening day... 4 years 3 months ago #42247

Merry Christmas!, and hope the new year is a good one. It was almost 70 degrees today and beautiful outside. Never know what you're going to get with this crazy Tennessee weather. Suppose to stay in the 50's for a while. Looks like I might have to get the boat out again soon.

opening day... 4 years 3 months ago #42248

a week ago I got 8 plus inches of snow .today 65 degrees

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42249

got 5 plus inches of rain this weekend,,river is out of its banks....

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42250

Rivers are full here too. A lot of strong wind and rain down here in Tennessee and warm. It's been a weird January to say the least. Bugs are even starting to come out.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42251

guess winter comes back tomorrow afternoon...snow ,freezing rain ,then cold, cold,cold....

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42252

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Regarding the weather, my biggest concern moving from OR to WV was the cold winters that I recalled when growing up in Pgh. I left Pgh in 78' and I recall winters where my car was buried under snow for weeks and walking to school with hands in pockets and head down against the wind. I really don't like cold weather, especially as I've gotten older.

I don't watch the news so I don't know if Pgh weather is still like that but where I'm at in WV, like you guys have described, it's really warm. Last Saturday was in the high 70s. We're suppose to get some cold weather in the coming days but really, the winters since we moved here two years ago are quite mild from what I had expected. We actually have daffodils sprouting up where the previous owner had planted a gazillion bulbs.

I hope the false spring doesn't mess with the ginseng. Like most plants, I wonder if it needs a certain number of cold hours during the winter, anyone know?

The wind here at times concerns me most as we have a lot of trees that could fall on the house. We had a few removed but after an incident in OR where a very large hemlock snapped and shook us awake, we're a bit "gun-shy". lol

Looking forward to ginseng spring, April yea?

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42253

yep ready for april to come and things green up..50 mph wind here tomorrow night...Monday a low of minus 3..hope they are wrong.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 772 guests and no members online

Login