2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 4 years 3 months ago #42254

got 2 inches of rain last night,temps.48 degrees right now,low temp tonight 6 degrees,brrrrrrrrr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42255

Nothing weather wise worth reporting in WV, we get a dusting, then it melts, we get a bit of rain, the creek comes up a bit then drops back down. Temps vary but nothing worth mentioning. I'm just bored with "winter" and look forward to spring and ginseng popping up. I can't wait to see how well my fall plantings sprout.

I walk the woods with my dogs and it's so quiet, dead even except for the pileated woodpeckers who nest behind the house. Seems most evenings around 4-5pm they come back from wherever they've been. I enjoy hearing and seeing them.

Even my game-cams are quiet right now. Here's a pic from last July. I just love these birds, both to see and hear.

I hope you're all doing well and look forward to spring "rantings". lol
Attachments:

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42256

I second that Jm, I think everyone is ready for spring including the animals. It's been pretty quiet on the homestead here as well.

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42257

high temp here yesterday was 64 degrees ,rain at the moment ,high tomorrow 29 degrees with snow,that will be a big change.

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42258

Pouring rain here today and suppose to last all week. Going damn near crazy. I've played just about all the online poker I can stand, lol.

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42259

We had some pretty nice weather (some sun shine !!!) and no rain for a couple days there...

I got 2 peach trees, 2 apple trees, 2 plum trees, 1 cherry, 3 elderberry, a fig tree and a muscadine vine pruned !!!

But today most of the day, back to dark, gloomy and raining...

I have big plans for planting more fruit trees and berry bushes this spring... I will be glad when it drys out some and the sun shines for a week or two.

TNHunter

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42260

iam under a winter storm warning today.....

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42261

Sounds like it's up and down most everywhere. I went out for a trail run on Monday, temps in the high 60s and sunny, hard to believe it's February. I have boat-loads of daffodils and I think some sort of garlic that's sprouting (all planted by the previous owner). I was sure I was going to post a pic of a blooming daffodil in the next couple of days (still might) but my wife says we're suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow, I'm hoping for closer to four. lol I know that sounds contradictory to wanting winter gone but last year and this year, we've had almost no snow.

We had a bit of rain the last day or two so the creek and drainages or whatever you call them are flowing nicely.

Like TN who has been productive, I too have been but inside painting and laying laminate flooring. I have a contractor installing drywall and doing the hard stuff. I look forward to when the house is remodeled but still a long way to go.

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42262

got a inch of snow last night,as an old carpenter I know how them remodel jobs can go.....

opening day... 4 years 2 months ago #42263

We got about a inch of snow last night too Chief... it was a pretty one all piled up on the tree limbs and such.

By this evening most is gone though... except a snowman in the back yard that my son Cole made.

He is leaning pretty bad now... not sure if he will make it thru the night or not.

I have ordered 3 new apple trees (Akane, Hudson Golden Gem, Gold Rush), and two JuJube trees so far...
Going to order another Peach (Harken) and another Mulberry Tree (have not decided on the variety yet)... I have a Illinois Everbering Mulberry that I planted last year. Hope tog get some fruit off it this year, it grew nicely last year, has 4 nice long branches now covered in buds.

With all this rain we are getting... hope the Morels are thick come April.

TNHunter

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and no members online

Login