2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42069

dang 44 that is going to be hot,dont think i'll go tomorrow with the rain and its my daughters birthday,sure hope you get rain and cooler weather.....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42073

I didn't hunt yesterday it rained on and off all day,instead took the daughter to red lobster for all you can eat shrimp at 16 bucks,man they had to lose money after we were done...probably wont hunt till this weekend after a cold front go's through.till then hot hot hot.....

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42074

Love me some red lobster can't beat those biscuits. They make a great Long Island tea there as well, lol. The heat here is just unreal. I believe it's been hotter this month than I remember it being all summer. You won't catch me back in the woods till it at least gets down in the 70's to low 80's. It's 93 right now at almost 6 o'clock and feels like 100, tomorrow will be even hotter!

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42075

I hear you 44,its not noon here yet and its 93 degrees....

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42076

It has been terribly hot and DRY here too in southern middle TN...

My forecast the next 4 days the highs are all 96-97 and lows 70-72.

All of my seed bed plants are brown and down now. Heck I have 8 ft tall sassafras trees and other (I assume shallow rooted trees and shrubs) all along our road and field, that all leaves are just brown and dead looking. No nice fall color going on, just brown and dead looking. The grass in my yard is brown and crunchy...

You know how it smells in those odd years when it comes a really late frost and things have already leafed out pretty good... that burnt leaf smell. As we walk along our country road now it smells like that. Those old hard green briars are even completely dead looking.

I am just hoping for a cool spell soon, so I can get some fishing in and catch some smallies or large mouth bass.

I think I would have better luck at that than trying to find a few survivors amoungst my ginseng population.

TNHunter

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42077

hope it cools off for you TN,my walnut trees are dropping their leaves, horse weeds and some soy bean fields are turning yellow...they are saying no better for next week...highs near or above 90 degrees.....

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42081

Heat Advisory here today...

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42082

I checked the extended forecast here, and there's not even a hint of a break till end of this month. Hate to say it but don't know if it's even worth it this year or not. I hope we don't get any wildfires this year, because after this month the place will be a tinderbox more than likely. It's a shame we had all that good rain early in the summer even some floods, but last month has been a killer. I'm sure i'll get back out there and check it out later... no telling what kind of shape the woods will be in.

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42083

that's the way it is here 44,hope we all catch a break in this weather,,things are wilting down around here..

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42084

another scorching hot day.....no end in sight for the hot weather..

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Who's Online

We have 758 guests and no members online

Login