2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 4 years 11 months ago #41841

27 degrees this morning and had a little snow yesterday evening....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 4 years 11 months ago #41843

just think,,,,,,,in 6 short months we will be in the hills looking for seng.....

opening day... 4 years 11 months ago #41844

yep, it will be here before you know it. I'm looking forward to the seng, but not the heat and yellow jackets.

opening day... 4 years 11 months ago #41853

or cut fingers 44...

opening day... 4 years 11 months ago #41854

lol, almost forgot about the buried glass. I'll be digging a little slower and more carefully next season.

opening day... 4 years 10 months ago #41872

I got out and found 63 today.....

opening day... 4 years 10 months ago #41873

Good to see you got out chief. Hope you got some crappie to go with those shrooms. We were doing pretty decent on the crappie until we got some flash flooding couple weeks ago and it screwed the lake levels up. The water is all the way up in the trees and lawns at the lake. It's getting hot here too, pushing 90 degrees past couple days, ughh.

opening day... 4 years 10 months ago #41874

Very nice chief. Getting close to the time here for morels.

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42067

opening day,got out early this morning while it was cool... walked through enough spider webs to knit a pair of coveralls worst ive seen them in several years....anyway 27 oz. not a berry to be seen on any plants...supposed to rain tomorrow, I hope it does the ground was rock hard......

opening day... 4 years 6 months ago #42068

Awesome looking roots there chief. I know what you mean about those spider webs, lol. Those stinging nettle plants is what usually wears me out. I didn't go today, although I thought long and hard about it. I'll be back in there next week sweating away I'm sure. The rivers are so dry around here you couldn't hardly get a line wet. Back in the 90's next week, oh boy!

Well, just checked the forecast. The high here Tuesday is 96, definitely won't be in there that day, lol. Only good news is there's a chance of thunderstorms.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 687 guests and no members online

Login