2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: New Handle for an Old Digger

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20215

SaNg FacToR is on for them two Billy, congrats.......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Levi Finds a Beauty 11 years 6 months ago #20219

Nice roots Billy! It would seem that you guys have had a little bit more luck than most this season. I myself am absolutely disgusted with the seng season I had in WV this year. There was some kind of poplar blight that killed off most of the plants under the poplar trees this year. That coupled with the fact that either the heat killed it off, it died off early because it came up early, or it just plain didn't come up good this year, made for a tough season. My uncle is about 7lbs behind what he dug last year during the same time frame. I scarcely dug 2lb. I will post some pics of the ginseng that was damaged by the poplar blight. It was an ugly sight to see. It made the ginseng look like it had oil on the leaves.

Keep your digger in the dirt!!!

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20239

Super cool roots Billy.Iwould have to say i would probably fall over if I came across something that big...BRAVO BRAVO my friend...:side:

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20250

Those are some monster roots. Thanks for sharing billy.

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20251

That one on the right is awesome.

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20253

I am speechless Billy. You truly are a legend.

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20264

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Chieftain you got that right when I saw them you could have seen me smiling from the sky SaNg FacToR was on :)

Carlm in all my years of senging I have never herd of a poplar blight doing that my sympathy my friend I know that you love to dig

Just A Senging thx

HugeSeng thx

LJ125 thx buddy I enjoy sharing the photos with you guys sure do.

Billy.

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20281

Billy here is a picture of the poplar blight on the ginseng.
Attachments:

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20282

Sorry here it is!
Attachments:

Re:Two Roots 8 Ounces Biggest two this Season woot woot 11 years 6 months ago #20283

And another. It would kill alot of the seng. What would survive is sorry looking.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 118 guests and no members online

Login