2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: New Handle for an Old Digger

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19825

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Bobby found this nice old four prong in yet another thicket the plant had sutch a nice top that it wouldnt fit in the picture so we took 1 leaflet for the photo the root weighs 2 1/2 ounces.

Go Bobby great find.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19826

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
The big four prong root

Attachments:

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19827

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Some of the other nice roots

We thank the Lord for a great and fun time even though it was short day we still found a few nice roots

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19830

billy how much walking do you usualy put in on a hunt? do you just make a couple hours walk in and then turn around or do you put some mileage in. just curious.

i actualy went pretty far today and somehow got turned around lost my bearing and was a bit scared for a moment- actualy had to back track to find a reference point to return home- sun was straight over head .doesnt usualy happen to me.

any way just curious if you have to put many miles in to find such great seng.

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19831

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
salemseng it is not uncommon for me and bobby to walk 5 miles on a full hunt there and back.

Today was in a place that we usaly save for short days that we no where is we have maybe 10 or 12 spots like that that we have found through the years and on a day like that we walk about 2 to 3 miles.

In this country the only one who gets quality seng consecutivly is the one willing to pay the price.

I do not know why or how but I never use a gps and I remember many hollers and places to hunt I can go to them and back with no problem the only thing that i use is the ridges and the sun the memory of the many hollers and hills is just a blessing from the Lord.

The most important thing to a true wild ginseng hunter is wisdom ,,,, wisdom says that when you leave small ginseng then you can return and dig large ginseng now when i say small i mean 50 percent of your 3 prongs ,, but the most foolish key to a ginseng hunter is greed ,,, greed says today only matters forget tomorrow and your children.

Billy.

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19832

I am waiting on that day when I dig up a root close to the size you get from that kentucky mtn soil.

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19834

Nice dig fellas....Billy you are absolutely right about the good spots, I usually truck right on past the easy access spots and go deep!!! It's kinda like the fishing holes the good ones are a bit of a job just to get to.

SengNveins

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19890

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys this root weighs 1 7/8 ounces and is an emperors Root and i might add that he was well endowed :ohmy:

This is the 2nd one in the last two years and before that I had never found or came across 1 in my entire wild ginseng hunting exsperiences.

This one looks like a body builder lol

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 7 months ago #19892

Nice one Billy!

Re:Our 2nd Emperors Root this one is a whopper 11 years 7 months ago #19896

Very nice roots Billy!

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Who's Online