2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: New Handle for an Old Digger

Re:Bobby N Me just a senging 11 years 5 months ago #20701

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thanks S.N.V. love days like that

5 It looked as tho that bunch would have more than 1 but it actualy just had one top and one bud for next season,thanks man.

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20751

Hey Billy..

I am off in Gulf Shores AL for a family vacation this week. Staying thru to this Saturday and then heading back to TN.

I have looked and NOT found a single bunch of seng growing down here in this white sand :lol:

The same Lord that created the Mountains of KY and hills and hollows of TN, with hillsides covered in fern and seng created these white sand beaches and the bueatiful sunsets. Got to appreciate it all...

I will be back to TN on Oct 15... not sure if there will be any seng left standing at that point but I will just have to get out and see if I can find a few more.

That was a real bueaty of a 4 that Caleb found. I like em when the leaves are big and full and rounded like that. That is one he can be proud of for sure.

You also showed some really nice eaters - love those long necks with smaller bulby roots.

I brought a real nice one with me down here on vacation - very similar to the \"root 2\" pic that you posted. It is a really stout root, med wise, lots of good ole stout seng flavor. Had some in my coffee this morning.

Keep those pics coming buddy.

Hope you all find a big pile yet.

TNhunter

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20826

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Tn thanks man ,and I could not agree more we must appreciate it all :)
Congrats on the time with the family it is a very needed thing with the wife and children sure is.

TNhunter wrote:

Hey Billy..

I am off in Gulf Shores AL for a family vacation this week. Staying thru to this Saturday and then heading back to TN.

I have looked and NOT found a single bunch of seng growing down here in this white sand :lol:

The same Lord that created the Mountains of KY and hills and hollows of TN, with hillsides covered in fern and seng created these white sand beaches and the bueatiful sunsets. Got to appreciate it all...

I will be back to TN on Oct 15... not sure if there will be any seng left standing at that point but I will just have to get out and see if I can find a few more.

That was a real bueaty of a 4 that Caleb found. I like em when the leaves are big and full and rounded like that. That is one he can be proud of for sure.

You also showed some really nice eaters - love those long necks with smaller bulby roots.

I brought a real nice one with me down here on vacation - very similar to the \"root 2\" pic that you posted. It is a really stout root, med wise, lots of good ole stout seng flavor. Had some in my coffee this morning.

Keep those pics coming buddy.

Hope you all find a big pile yet.

TNhunter

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20827

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
10-12-12 A very good dig today alot of mature 4 promgs on that steep knob

This plant was so cameod that I almost didnt see it and i can see em prety good they say :)
Attachments:

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20828

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I found a 5prong plant today and this is the root from it today.
Attachments:

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20829

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Some of my roots today

No matter how careful you are or how hard you try sometimes a root breaks on you -- bottom right :(

Attachments:

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20830

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Some more roots today
Attachments:

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20831

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
My Favorite photo of the day I thought the two roots by the two tops would make a good photo and sure enough i did like it

Billy.
Attachments:

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20833

Nice looking seng there Billy....Thanks for sharing!

Sengnveins

Re:By Far The Best Day Of The Season 11 years 5 months ago #20848

Sure looks like a fun day in the mountains. Congrats on finding a nice 5prong plant. It's been a good while since I've seen one. Wish you'd have taken a pic. I was into a patch of old seng earlier this year that had big old 4's everywhere and thought for sure that I'd find an old 5prong somewhere on that hillside, but no such luck. Ours is pretty much done here. The leaves from the trees are covering it up fast. Most were gone anyways, but I did see one the other night that still had some green to it and a few red berries:)

Trying to get into deer hunting mode now, but haven't had much free time at all. Tell Caleb I said hi. When you get freed up some evening give me a holler.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Who's Online

We have 303 guests and no members online

Login