2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng Season Open In Kentucky 2010

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5313

I would hate to find a root like that, LOL. You know better than that. I dream of roots like that, and hope to one day find something even remotely close to that one in size. Y'all sure dig some great roots down there! Thanks for sharing the photos and giving me hope.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5328

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
SHROOMY wrote:

I would hate to find a root like that, LOL. You know better than that. I dream of roots like that, and hope to one day find something even remotely close to that one in size. Y'all sure dig some great roots down there! Thanks for sharing the photos and giving me hope.

Your welcome shroomy

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5329

That one reminds of the biggest one I got this year Billy. It had 2 stems growing up out of it, 5.8oz.

How's the back today?
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5339

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
maya wrote:

That one reminds of the biggest one I got this year Billy. It had 2 stems growing up out of it, 5.8oz.

How's the back today?

Dear goodness man thats just an old hog root there maya :) man you got to love seeing such a thing as that,a man wouldnt be normal if he couldnt app: such roots lol...........Thats very nice Maya.

Not much has changed with the health issue but I believe it will.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5454

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys I think that this is without doubght one of the oldet roots that I have ever held in my hands.It has over 50 hair roots steming out from the original large hair roots and the root was perfectly dug a good friend of mine was happy to hear that I had became a dealer and he brought this root and one more realy nice root to me.I believe that this root could be around 80 years old it is very huge and wide and long just a great find.He showed me a photo of the plant it was huge and a berrie pod near half the size of a coffe cup.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5455

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
This is the other of the two roots he found together.I believe that this one came from the older larger one that was above it and is a few years younger than the grand dad root above,but this one is still very old and big,wow these two roots that close together what a great find my friend Lee had that day.Also he dug over 18 ounces that trip.These two roots alone made up nearly 5 ounces of that :)
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5458

Billy, do you think I should try and sell my big ones seperately? Is there a market where I can get more for them? I had 4 that were over 4 oz's, one was 5.8oz, 12 roots weighed 2 lbs 6 oz's. All over 20 years old.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5503

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Maya send me a e-mail

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5569

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
!!! Wooo Glory !!! guys ==== ThE SeNg FaCtOr === was all over me today and thank the Lord I was able to go and I got around good as can be exspected had to take it slow,but the seng was there.I was amazed at how well the seng had done there It wasent the easy area I was going to go to on Wenesday it is a little steeper there but I just couldnt make myself go back to that other holer that is easyer to travel in,,,it had not had enough time with 2 years,,,so I just took it easy at this area,,I knew the seng was there and had been saving this spot for such a time as this was..

I`ll tell you I had a great time.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #5571

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
70 Oz`s or 4lb 6 oz`s I stayed all day with my Brother David and we just took our time he wouldnt let me get to carryed away and stayed right with me I sure app: my brother today.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Who's Online

We have 390 guests and no members online

Login