2022 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently taking orders now for pre-determined shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Currently taking orders now for Fall shipment (early October)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 8 months 1 week ago #42851

them fish sure look good TN.....river is still up here..but the heat wave breaks today...rain and a major cold front coming through today...hooray....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 7 months 3 weeks ago #42869

well it happened this morning...3 weeks late but we got our first killing frost...oct. was a wash out..sure screwed up my fishing.all the rivers, creeks, lakes and ponds are bank full and muddy....

opening day... 6 months 17 hours ago #42874

Merry Christmas ... Chief, Woodsrunner.. and others.

Hope you all have a great one.

I have gotten into hickory nuts this fall.. shagbark, shellbark and mockernut varieties.. are very flavorful... similar to pecan... a little like a walnut.. very good in baked goods... or fresh.

Found these yesterday Dec 23.

Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

opening day... 6 months 17 hours ago #42875

Here is what a ShagBark hickory nut looks like split, and with the nut meat extracted...

i have found 8 nice shagbark hickory trees so far this fall and early winter... next October I will harvest the nuts in October soon after they fall.

Here on my place I have only found 1 shag and it is a little young... but I have several mockernut trees here. Mockers taste great but they do not crack out as well as Shag or Shell. Once I find enough Shag and Shell... I may not harvest any more mockers.

Anyway... you guys know what it is like to get out in the woods and hunt for something :-) Hickory nuts is another way to spend some time doing that and you can have some wonderful nuts to eat for months and months.. I have hundreds that I have collected this fall... will be eating hickory nuts until sometime next summer.

Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

opening day... 6 months 10 hours ago #42876

the nut season was not great here,guess it was the weather..all husk and very little meat......you and yours have a great holiday TN

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Who's Online

We have 134 guests and no members online

Login