2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 2 years 6 months ago #42836

I have been out and looked at my seng... it looks really good, berries ready...

But Saturday morning.. I decided to hit the creek and catch a few fish...

8 rock bass (we call em black perch).. 1 smallie.

I may go seng hunting yet... perhaps one evening this week or next weekend...
Although I am short on fish in the freezer... and if the river stays nice... my fishing fever may out do my seng fever :-)

TNHunter
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

opening day... 2 years 6 months ago #42837

nice fish...still too hot here ...got the boat in the shop getting it ready to go.....

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42838

got to 91 degrees here today and humid...summer is hanging on....

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42839

Chief... saw your corn pics... I had a good corn crop this year too... it has been a great growing season here.

We got plenty of rain even in July, Aug, Sept this year... and that does not always happen.

One of my favorite things grown now expecially for late summer, fall, are Figs. My Chicago Hardy Fig is in year 3 now, and has set over 300 figs this year. I protected 5 stumps at 18" tall over winter, and let those send up 10 shoots... those shoots are over 10 ft tall now... having to use a step ladder to collect figs now.

We look forward to having these every evening now for desert. They started ripening 8/20... and last year we got figs until Dec 3 (our first HARD frost) last year.

Such a treat.

TNHunter
Attachments:

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42840

Grew lots of really nice apples this year too... these are Early Mcintosh.. Ripen in June some and early July.

Attachments:

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42841

nice figs they sure look good.............''.We look forward to having these every evening now for desert. They started ripening 8/20... and last year we got figs until Dec 3 (our first HARD frost) last year.'''' TN our first killing frost on average is oct. the 15th.....thats why i am suprised about all this hot weather.......

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42842

92 degrees here....supposed to get some rain this weekend that should cool us down......

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42843

90 degrees today...supposed to get rain late tonight......i hope.....

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42845

picked up 3 gal. of persimmons today off my tree.....

opening day... 2 years 5 months ago #42848

Chief...

We had a few cool days a week or two ago but it has been quite warm here too lately...

Funny you posted Persimmon pics... I have a couple trees loaded too and I have been eating them all week.

Caught a good mess of Bass,,, large and smallmouth.. last weekend and ate some of those this week. Ate some Froze some for winter.
Plan to go after them again tomorrow.

Have not dug one stalk of Seng this year... thought about it several times... but no go. They will be better ones next year.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds

Who's Online

We have 192 guests and no members online

Login