2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: TNhunter 2014 Season

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 4 months ago #33756

I'm here in east Tennessee and sold 1LB 3oz for 850 last week which I was pretty happy with. Given the fluctuations in prices this season that seemed like a pretty fair price to sell on. Hope you get the price you're wanting tnhunter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 4 months ago #33775

rootman -- I called a couple dealers in my area today and they are not talking good.

I was expecting the price to have moved on up (based on what others here are reporting)... but not so from dealers in my area.

Best price I got was 620.00 and that dealer was paying 630.00 a couple weeks ago.

They are talking like one of the big Chinese buyers they were selling to, has pulled out of the market, got his load and is going back to China. Said that takes a bunch of the competition out of the market and they are expecting prices to fall.

Don't sound good.

Anyone else in Tennessee or in other areas getting reports like this from buyers ?

TNhunter

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 4 months ago #33790

TNhunter,

I haven't bought anything here in Ky. in over a week. I sold what I had for $650 and pretty much broke even.
I've had a lot of price check calls but everyone is wanting more than I can sell it for.
Think I'll hang it up for the year.

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 3 months ago #33873

Well folks I went ahead and sold today.

We went over to Waynsboro TN and sold to Jack Davidson... of the 3 buyers in my area he had the best price.

One of the others had gone from 630.00 down to 520.00 (Glenn in Pulaski), and another buyer in my home county, had stopped buying.

Jack offered us 635.00 and we sold. I had 16.4 oz and my nephew had 18.2 oz.

I got to go on 8 hunts this year and some of those were short ones... ended up digging 57 oz of green, and dryed out to 16.4 oz.

I am happy with that price, especially when things are starting to look a bit iffy market wise.

Below is a pic I took of my root. I take mine off the drying racks and place it nicely in a cardbord box lined with paper towels.

Being careful not to break it and always make sure the larger roots are on top where they are easily seen by the buyer.

Jack commented that my root looked better, and larger than his average purchase.

I kept 15 nice ball roots with long necks / lots of age to eat myself this next year.

For those of you still holding... best of luck. Hope it does end up going higher for you.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 3 months ago #33878

TN,
I see lots of nice feeder roots and they have extremely good color to them. Thanks for putting this picture on tonight. I hope you were satisfied with the sale.

Hugh

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 241 guests and no members online

Login