2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: TNhunter 2014 Season

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31535

Dug a little blood root today too...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31536

Nice ones! That big 4 prong would be a nice find ANYWHERE!

Randy

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31537

Ended up with a nice little pile.

Attachments:

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31538

Found a few yellow beauties today too..

Attachments:

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31539

Ended up with 12 oz total.

Below are a few pretty ones.

Going to rest some now... about walked my feet off again.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31544

Very nice tnhunter. Glad u found some 4s. U r very lucky at finding deer skulls those r trophys to me.

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31545

Tn,
Congratulations, it looks like you had a great day in the woods. The roots were beautiful and I especially like how so many berry pods were full and they looked like you have no trouble at all with turkeys. It seems like almost all of your berry pods are intact. It's great to see that. I hope you have some more trips like that.

Hugh

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31550

Pretty good day, nice pile of roots. It is getting tough to get a one day pile like that around here. At the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to hit a pound before October.

Good luck

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31554

I've heard that technically we are supposed to get a little more monies for individual roots that have been naturally scarred via animal nibbles and such. I heard the root becomes more potent. Does anyone know if this is true. Because I noticed you may have one TN and I have a couple I have been holding on to.

Re:TNhunter 2014 Season 9 years 5 months ago #31634

Thanks for the good comments guys.

LJ - I have not heard that, but did notice that one nice ball root had what looked like a bite taken out of it. Gives it some character.

I may keep that one and eat it my self.

I leave my seng on the screens until ready to sell, then carefully look over all them and pick out 20 or so nice ball roots with 20 years or more on them. Try to pick out the smaller older roots. I like those and it does not take much from my weight to keep those.

I will be happy to get a pound of dry... by my calculations I should have 12-13 oz now when it drys.

I was showing a pic of my large root (that big 4 prong) to a guy in my sunday school class this sunday morning... and another guy said hey I have a big farm down on the creek and I always wanted to learn how to find ginseng. Guess where I will be hunting this saturday evening ??? :-)

Worked out a 50/50 split deal with him and by the way he describes his property he has some nice woods with good timber, down on the creek, with slick rock feeder branches and some north facing hillsides.

I have that place and 3-4 more yet to hit this year so hopefully I will get that pound dry and a little more.

TNhunter

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 329 guests and no members online

Login