I went on a short hunt this evening on a fellows property that goes to my Church.
His place had been logged (select cut) not all that long ago and was mostly grown up in briars and thick stuff. Hard hunting.
We did manage to find 3 - 3 prongs... and a couple 2 prongs.
Only 2 were diggers... one of the 3's only had 3 leaves on one set and I leave those. It did have a couple berries and I planted them.
We ended up taking home 1 root each.
Could have been worse... at least we did find a few.
ONE more root for the pile.
GI - it's funny how you are still finding some green and here where I live on both ends of the county (east and west wise) they are all in the ending stages of yellow to very pale yellow. All we found this evening were very pale yellow.
I am going to give it another try on Saturday.
PS... below is a pic of that really nice 4 prong I found 7-8 days ago. It was nice and green when I harvested it and had a big wad of berries.
Since then I have had it sitting on the bar counter in the kitchen... and all week it has been slowly turning yellow. Nice shade of yellow now with some streaks of green left in the leaf centers.