2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2754

Nice lookin stuff Billy, i'm sure you'll hit your target. Good luck and God bless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2811

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys it has been much much cooler hear in the Mountians and our seng is starting to show lime color to the first phase of yellow so it is getting close for meI h8 to see it go :)

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2818

The ginseng in my area (just across the hill from ky in va) is about gone for the year. The only green/yellow leaves I saw yesterday was on 2 prongs and sprouts. I did fine a few 4 prongs but wouldnt have seen the dead stalks if it werent for the sprouts around them.

Randy

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2954

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
It is very close to over here now as well,maybe another week to 10 days,im close to what I dig each year but time is short.and the rain is hard and cold,cant seng for it l8ly not sure ill get it,but will be very close.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #2961

good luck Billy, ours went quick ,yellow to gone .in a week to 10 days ...hard pounding rains 4 days in a row, ended it....

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #3040

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys I only like about a pound having my goal for this seasn.I am going with a friend from Harlan Co- tomorrow and the spot where going to has always been a good place.After that I am ready to hunt :o)

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #3041

Billy, good luck on your last dig and I hope you get a good price so you'll have a good x-mas.Hope you get a nice buck also.There were 3 out on the hill by the house the other day lookin good.A 8,6,and spike. When a doe walk over the hilltop toward them the 8 and 6 kind of just bump heads together. A little early for a fight. It was quite a sight to see.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 6 months ago #3058

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Ok Guys season has all but ended the seng has fallen,now there is one last part making the deal happen :o)

Chieftain I ended up digging about 33 pounds wet I have near 7 pounds dry and I am waiting on the last 7 boxes to finish drying I am sure I made the lot of 10lb dry maybe a little more,I will post a pic l8er after all is dry.

It has been a great year and I have certianly enjoyed chating with all you guys this season,we have had some fun on here,Some great photos,conversations,and no doubght the SeNg FaCtOr will keep us smileing looking forward to the new season to come in 2010 I have a video I am working on for the site hope to share that with you all as well,thanks for the friendship,

Billy.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 5 months ago #3063

caint wait to see them pic.'s Billy..

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 5 months ago #3080

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Ok guys the weight for this season is 9 pounds and 7 ounces Dry.

I try to dig 10 pounds dry per year,so I fell short by 9 ounces,but I am still very happy because I found alot of old and nice roots this season.

I will share some pictures with you all and remember these are dry roots.....
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 598 guests and no members online

Login