2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2099

it appears you're having a really good season. Thanx for all the great pics. I really enjoy seeing the awesome finds other diggers having.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2101

i wrote the otherday that i had never seen a leaf with more than 5 leaflets on it today i found sevral ,i have to say today was the best day of the yr so far not to mention it was my birthday ?????????? i found 27oz and most of all of them 4prongs WOW also i found 1 big 4 prong that had 2 sets of berrys here are some pictures and is that not uncommon or what loved finding it but hated to have to leave it because it had green berrys ?????? BUT I KNOW WHERE IT IS . anyway going back tommorow
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2102

look at this patch cant hardly see all the red pods of berrys but you will see some i was blown away i will see red berrys for sure tonight when i sleep . well anyway goodluck to you all
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2103

here is a root
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2105

Way to go chieftan and coondog. I am going to try and go Monday to a new spot, if i get to go i will post some pics.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2108

thanks hillbilly im going but they are calling for rain today but if i see them berry's it want matter anyway good luck hillbilly p,s did you see that double pod of berrys i posted 1 red 1 green ? have you ever seen that before
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2110

Coondog i have never seen a double berry pod but when i was little in my dad's patch one year one of our big ol four prongs got what they call a double top. Right out of the berry pod just like on yours came out another stem with another little four prong on top of the berry stem. Still to this day i have never seen that. I never even took a picture.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2113

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
5 Prong thanks,G/l to you also.

Coondog excellent dig and what a nice patch also a very nice root,congrats on that,hope you dig sevral more this season.I have seen them double pods like that,I have found one and my buddy Mark found one so that is 2 that I have seen well 3 now that I have seen counting yours,thank goodness for the camera :)

Hillbilly let us no how it go`s if you get out there.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2134

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Guys here is the biggest top we have ever found A TrUe bOhEmEtH.My friend John was with me and spoted this plant,It was just an outstanding moment for me to see such a monster standing there.Only sad thing was is it was raining all day and I couldnt take my camera into the woods,so I brought the big monster to the camera :)

I think My son Caleb looks very happy to see such a beautiful wild Ginseng top.
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2136

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
This is by far the biggest plant I ever saw in the wood.The only thing that I hated was that something had eaten the top most likely a deer seeing the berry steam was that high up I can just imagine what a pod of big reds would have been hanging on that plant.The remainder of just a little bit of the top was left so that I was able to determine where the top steam ended for the measurement of the stalk.It measured in at a whopping 40 & 1/4 inches tall
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and no members online

Login