2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Seng Season Open In Ky

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2185

hows this

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2190

Sorry guys, cant get this figured out. Well had a pretty good day today other than not getting my pics to upload. got twelve ounces today. Nothing gigantic, but found a nice patch in a new area. there was five 4-prongs in there, quite a few nice 3's and a whole bunch of younger stuff. Should have pulled the tops off the younger stuff, but didn't figure anyone else would be likely to make that 3/4 mile hike to get back to that spot. Billy, I'm sorry to hear about someone digging that area of yours like that. Thanks for the help w/ trying to get my pics uploaded.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2193

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Chieftain I agree with you it is so,so sad when they do that.I also agree with you that I would love to catch them there and enlighten them on proper digging methods.You know if they had dug the good plants and left the others,even if they had pinched off the tops it wouldnt be so sad to me,everyone has a rite to dig if they find a holler thats open for them,its just that they destroyed it grrrrrrrr I would love to catch them there.

Coondog I here you man it is very upseting.My dealer is a very good man and a good Christian fellow also,these diggers (I shouldnt call them diggers)wouldnt take him there Ginseng if they new him,because he is strict on the size of the harvest,so if they new him they wouldnt take him anything less than a root big as a pencil because he would run them off and tell them not to come back period he is just as firm as we are in this,that is another reason I like him.But what is sad there is another dealer that buys whatever they bring him and tells them I will mix it in with the rest,and thats where these type go,he will also trayed them out of the roots for other things,I wish they would catch him and take his dealers licence so bad,it would help good diggers in our area to be rid of this buyer and those hunters he deals with to be honest i do not understand how he is getting away with it,it is ileagal to do this stuff..hes been doing that for sevral years.With our new laws I think they will get him and I hope it is this year,i also wish they would catch those diggers coming out of the mountian and arrest them also....

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2194

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
On a happyer time I wanted to share a photo of and ole Senging buddy of mine.This is Frank Googlechuck.He is a very good digger and a sure hound dog for finding them ole 4 forks I tell him often he has a nose for smelling them 4`s out LoL his digger is almost big as he is :) Something I like about Frank is that smile in this photo,no matter if it is good or bad he is always smiling sometimes,like today after yesterday he realy cheers me up.Thank God for good friends.......
Attachments:

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2197

great pic. of your friend there, Billy ..thanks for sharing it with us....

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2205

dug a nice one today weight 1.8 oz

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2208

nice one terry

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2212

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
That is a great root to find Terry can you post a picture of it I love to see them old timers,again congrats on the find.......

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2218

i tried but no luck!!!!!! hillbilly has to show me the next time im at his house. also have a few more from todays trip.

Re:Seng Season Open In Ky 14 years 7 months ago #2219

thanks cheiftain good luck!!!!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Who's Online

We have 621 guests and no members online

Login