2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33234

xl seng wrote:

Hawk84 that is exactly right!!! I called one a couple weeks ago and asked what the price was and he replied are you ready to sell I said probably not that I was just wondering what price was at that current time. He said so I don't need to know the price then and still hadnt told me yet. I said well last yr I seen it spike $100 just in a week and several $50 spikes a week. He finally told me what he would pay then that day. But what is the big deal with some. We as the main source the \"diggers\" have a right to know the price when we won't to hold and when we won't to sell. We are the one's really in charge here, diggers let's take that into perspective!!!!

yeah they need to be more courteous, and polite. I dont want somone to kiss my ass, but i expect the same respect from them as i give. Not all dealers i talk to are this way but about half acts like its just right down aggravating to get a call for a price quote. Now i wont mention names but they know who they are. You may get by with treating people who are selling chopped up green seng for drug money like that, but if you keep acting rude like you have been like you hold all the cards then your gonna get a real shock. Sorry for the rant its just a real shame peole act this way.

GOD BLESS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33239

Just curious guys...but how do you make someone buy something they don't want to buy? Or make them pay more than they are willing to pay?

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33245

BCastle wrote:

Just curious guys...but how do you make someone buy something they don't want to buy? Or make them pay more than they are willing to pay?

did you actually read anything i wrote? I guess not so i will answer your question. You dont. That being said i wasnt trying to make any one buy i was simply getting some quotes to see if prices moved any. And besides that i didnt ask anyone to pay anymore than they offered im not ready to sell just getting price updates. Maybe you fall among the dealers i mentioned :huh:

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33246

BCastle wrote:

the point i was trying to make is dont treat diggers like shit when they are just simply getting prices udates, be respectful because they make your business. Is that to hard to understand? I have seen you post on several threads and always have somthing smart to say, i would just rather not ever waste my time talking to you again.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33248

Hey guys- Maybe all of us could take this down a notch? Everyone, IMHO, wether selling digging, or buying, needs to be respectful of each other.

A suggustion: If you run into a buyer that treats you wrong, just don\"t sell to him. go somewhere else!

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33256

Hawk84 wrote:

BCastle wrote:

the point i was trying to make is dont treat diggers like shit when they are just simply getting prices udates, be respectful because they make your business. Is that to hard to understand? I have seen you post on several threads and always have somthing smart to say, i would just rather not ever waste my time talking to you again.

Well, I don't know if I've talked to you or I haven't. But I don't treat anyone differently unless they come to me with attitude. In that case, they can eat their sang for all I care. However, if you really think you make my business (or the business of any dealer) you are sorely mistaken. There isn't one digger here on the board or anywhere who would offer a dealer back money if he paid a high price and then the market dropped to nothing. Not one. So from that perspective, I make my own business in spite of you.

As for my comments, well, if you can't understand them just pay attention and try to keep up. If you respectfully ask, I might even explain them for you.

For instance, this one referencing buying something one doesn't want or buying at a higher price is completely at the heart of nearly all of the digger price threads here on the board. ALL of them. The general theme is that dealers are greedy and trying to shaft the poor digger. And if the diggers hold out the dealers need them so much they will pay whatever the diggers demand in the end. This is simply not true. I'm just amazed at how people can continue believing this pipe dream in spite of all the factual evidence being posted here.

I'll tell you what, if you think the pricing is going to go up a couple hundred dollars a pound call me and get a certified check in the mail. I can buy about 200 lbs right now today at a price that will make you a lot of money if the market subsequently moves up that high. But guess what...no one is buying that ginseng right now from those guys. No one.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33257

the protest in hong kong are screwing up the market at this time it can change anytime and then you will see prices come around

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33258

I thought they cleared the streets in HK about 5 days ago....

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33259

There is more to the issue than just Hong Kong.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33260

I think if everyone were to come to terms with the way things truly are, we would better understand one another a bit better. We, to some degree or another are all out for number 1. Not to necessarily cheat one another but to make our money the best way we know how for our labors.

Diggers make money from digging and selling,dealers make money from buying and reselling. Higher level buyers pay the dealer more money for their time to acquire larger lots of root because they don't want to buy a half pound at a time. Dealers get payed to buy and resell, not to be a public informant of market trends. Its advantageous for them to be helpful to the digger and keep as much business as possible but if I (for example) answered a hundred phone calls about pricing in one week and only bought a couple of pounds....I think it would begin to wear on me a bit also. Who doesnt want to make a little extra for their efforts if possible, whether your a digger or a dealer. I do agree he was being rude and that's not a good business practice. If I was tired of answering calls that didn't lead anywhere then maybe I would post my prices weekly so my customers could keep up with the market and I could tend to other things. But then again, aside from current prices, where prices are actually headed is insider information that can be used for the knowing party's benefit so you can't actually expect someone to give all that up either and if they do, they have done you a favor.

If that fella talks to everyone like that I'm sure he won't be in business long. All I can say is if a person doesn't like the road they are traveling they should make their own, better path. Its unproductive to just complain about people not doing what you want them too. I once worked for a company where i thought i could climb the ladder to a good paying position and live comfortably. After a while i seen all they had was a stepping stool and veteran workers of their's werent being payed enough, so, i quit and went to work for myself. All i could change was what i had control of.

You cant blame a digger or a dealer for their standpoint and you also can't blame someone for using what they can to their advantage. I'm a believer in capitalism and I guess it shows.

With that being said, this is still only my opinion.

Hillhopper

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 354 guests and no members online

Login