2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33165

Man I am sorry to hear that that happened to your dad.... I always go out carrying my machete and 9mm. My wife carries her .25 auto and our family house dog (65 lb. pure pit bull) scouts ahead of us always. She finds those type assholes before they even see us. We go to shooting in the air and shouting, dog about to go all to hell....all you hear is scurrying and branches breaking fast. I don't deal well with poachers on my land, stealing my sang. So, I hope you find who did that to ur father and they get whats coming to them. I hate poachers and I hate thieves. Good luck friend!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33168

I dont know who it would be, i see people riding up and down smithbranch alot but further up the left fork not too much toward the mouth. Mainly up past where the fortners used to live.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33172

thats bad man i always carry my gun last year had a guy say how about you give me that ginseng so i can sale it i told him i risk my life to find it and so will anyone who trys to take it he then said he was just joking but who knows be careful outthere guys

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33181

I've never had anything like that happen to me, but with the way the world is right now nothing surprises me. I'm like many others on here, I try to be prepared for whatever I may run into out in the woods.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33202

Anybody hear anything about prices in kentucky this week.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33204

fourprong wrote:

Anybody hear anything about prices in kentucky this week.

no not today we worked late, so i didnt get a chance to call anyone. Im gonna call a few tomorrow and i will post the prices, and the dealers name and number. Hope it went up :unsure:

HAWK

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33209

Thanks hawk84 I hope it went up too.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33226

I called four dealers in my area today, one guy asked if i knew that the bottom fell out of the market. And went on to quote me a price of $450 and said he really dindnt care if he bought it or not. I wont be calling him back or selling to him. And the others quoted me $550 up to $600 depending on quality and whether they were bulby roots. Not really moving much, two of the dealers i called acted as if i was getting on their nerves by calling once a week. What is wrong with people, if its a bother get out of the business. :angry:

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33232

Hawk84 that is exactly right!!! I called one a couple weeks ago and asked what the price was and he replied are you ready to sell I said probably not that I was just wondering what price was at that current time. He said so I don't need to know the price then and still hadnt told me yet. I said well last yr I seen it spike $100 just in a week and several $50 spikes a week. He finally told me what he would pay then that day. But what is the big deal with some. We as the main source the \"diggers\" have a right to know the price when we won't to hold and when we won't to sell. We are the one's really in charge here, diggers let's take that into perspective!!!!

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33233

If it doesn't go up I will probably just keep it until next year.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 584 guests and no members online

Login