2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #32987

Last time I went I decided to call it a year, it has rained here alot also. I work in construction and haven't been able to work much and all I can think about is ginseng hunting lol I may give a new spot a chance if the rain tapers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #32988

I work night shift so I dont get to go as much as I want..but when I do decide to call it a year I switch to deer hunting to keep me occupied lol

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #32990

I have hunted since I was 8 deer,squirrel,rabbit and Turkey. As well as morels this is my first year ginseng hinting and I regret it has taken me so long to realize what I was missing i never thought I would like anything more than hunting morels besides deer hunting. I'm completely hooked and cannot wait for next year I'm gonna take my oldest son he will soon turn 11. Now that I know a little about ginseng I can begin to teach him and learn more as I go. And in a few years take my youngest son he is 4.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #32996

Lot of Greenup county people on here

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #32998

Hawk84 wrote:

I called about a dozen dealers and got 5 to answer and quote a price. Prices dry are ranging from $525 to $600. One dealer told me his buyer won't even call him back. I sure hope it picks up and I hope this helps. Another guy said it is due to the unrest in HK and that it may go back up once it gets settled down. GOD BLESS

Hello everyone,im new to the forum but not to digging ginseng. 20 plus years at digging,i called 2 ginseng dealers here in eastern ky today,they told me they are paying 144 green and 490 dry a pound,Eastern KY seems to be getting the low ball of things.Things just seem funny to me here ,Good luck to all!!!
p.s. do this price sound right to you guys?

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #32999

bigjon,

I sold everything I had bought to my buyer Sunday, and my buyer said not to buy anything else until Wed. afternoon and he would get back with me on pricing.
It's not looking too good right now.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33002

thank you very much rootman for the info i admit that i must be wrong about the prices then sorry about the comment

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33081

kyhunter50 wrote:

are you also from greenup? I have seen one person from greenup here in the short time I have been a member.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33082

kyhunter50 wrote:

are you also from greenup? I have seen one person from greenup here in the short time I have been a member.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 5 months ago #33101

Yeah buddy iam from Greenup.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 484 guests and no members online

Login