2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Dealers

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14437

I love shanging, i love digging roots, I also love making money, i love to haggle, it's all about the excitement and experience! Hell no it's not! this is America, all we care about is top dollar!!!! If you don't know the old saying, here it is again... you's either dumb or stupid! My business sells widgets, some of the widgets we make 8% profit, some widgets we make 25-35% profit. It all depends, but you won't buy a widget from me that doesn't have a minimum 8% markup!!!
As a digger i never concern myself with how much i coulda sold it for if i woulda dried it, or dang I should have done this or that. I don't care what the seng buyer makes...i hope he makes enough to be in business next year and still payin cash for roots! I hope he makes enough to feed his family and drive a nice truck, and all the things I want for myself.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14444

ok heres some imfo for what its worth..just got off the phone with the china man in Chicago..heres the just of what he told me...\"the Chinese have been speaking in whispered tone's for a month now\"..in the next 2 weeks they are going to speak in a loud clear voice\"..now I really don't know how to interpret that..tried for 20min.s to get him to elaborate but he would not show his hand.after i told him how much I had in weight..then he told me he would drive half way and meet me if I wanted to sell my root at 460 a pound..don't really know what to make of that either...is he trying to get me a good price because he thinks its going to drop or is he trying to buy it at that price because he knows its going to go up,up,up, :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14445

well i hope it's good news

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14446

That is the rub now isn't it? :laugh:

Now, understand, most dealers are in the same boat only we are worried about what we have already spent and might lose, not what we might not make.

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14447

chief,
I don't know how good you know this guy,but do you think he's going to drive200 mi because he wants to make sure you get a good price?
If you do then i have some ocean front property for sale in kentucky for a small fee...
I think you'll have to your gut feelin on that one.
still early yet..

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14449

I totally expect to see 700 a lb dry this year. once that hits I'll sell. if it goes higher than that...congrats to the buyer, he\"ll make even more money, which doesn't bother me knowing some1 else can make a living and employ other people, and help those employees make a living and it's all because of me! :woohoo:

I heard one the biggest buyers in the midwest is out east looking to buy roots, which tells me there is a price increase coming. Who travels 1500+ miles to buy roots if you think the price is going to stabilize, or drop?

happy drying!

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14450

Cheif I'm with triton....not so sure its all about helping you as a digger, can't see someone doing that unles they have a pretty sure bet.;)I guess I am a bit of a gambler so I think I'm gonna get my popcorn and cold drinks handy and watch this thing for a bit.:silly: :silly:

SengNveins

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14451

well I've known this guy from the mid to late 70's ,when I worked at Ed Buaer's at Mulberry grove ILL.and bought root for Ed and skinned and fleshed and all that other fun stuff..cant say this guys right all the time over the years ,but say he was right 80% of the time..I wasn't considering selling yet anyway..this watching the market is fun stuff but heres how I do it..I have a target price..I don't pay much attention to all the talk till its starts getting around that price..if it dont make that price ,I'm not obliged to sell,for I now have a method of storage that I can keep root for ,well I don't know how long,but last year I had two pounds of root that had been in storage for 4 years and 3 different buyers couldn't tell it from fresh dug ,that years root..so either it sells or I can sit on it..

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14452

Chief, I hope youyr chinese friend means prices are going to go higher, not lower. The dealers here in Mo. are still paying 350, but when I told one I wouldnt even consider selling for less than 500 he told me he would start working on trying to get me that price. Dont really know what that means, unless he thinks it will go higher.

Care to share your method of storing dry sang?

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14454

e-mail sent len..

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 563 guests and no members online

Login