2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Dealers

Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14316

Why don't all the dealers that visit this site want to go ahead and post their prices while they are on here visiting ?
Looks like there are several dealers visiting.
Maybe there would be alittle competive pricing.....:woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14317

I noticed that too Triton..last year price's were all over this site..now it seems nobody wants to put it out there..contact me by e-mail or phone is what you hear now...BCastle and 5 have updated us some...billy when asked..but the flow of imfo on prices have noticeably slowed on here..Triton I'll make a few calls this weekend to some of the southern ILL. buyers and see what they say...got a couple buddies down by Baldwin who will know what they are giving down there.......

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14318

Chieftain wrote:

I noticed that too Triton..last year price's were all over this site..now it seems nobody wants to put it out there..contact me by e-mail or phone is what you hear now...BCastle and 5 have updated us some...billy when asked..but the flow of imfo on prices have noticeably slowed on here..Triton I'll make a few calls this weekend to some of the southern ILL. buyers and see what they say...got a couple buddies down by Baldwin who will know what they are giving down there.......

Thinking the same thing this past week... Heck the all clam up come price time....

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14322

From what I have seen and heard no one knows what the market is going to do. Its a business and no dealer wants to get stuck with root they can't turn a profit on. If someone would offer me $800LB I would sell out now B)

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14323

I have done some calling here in east TN, I have been told anywhere from 380 to 415 this week. I'm with you, someone wants to give me 800 for mine I'll even drive to meet them.

Also from what I am hearing from my dealers is there is about 45% left over from last season, and the China markets is wantting to comit on a price yet. I say give it another week or two and we will start see the prices going up. This is the fun part about being a digger but also the stressful part as well. Watching the prices.

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14324

Big Rod wrote:

Also from what I am hearing from my dealers is there is about 45% left over from last season, and the China markets is wantting to comit on a price yet

well there you go ,you can hear just about anything..4 weeks ago my china man from Chicago told me there was little to no hold over in any of the Asian markets from last year..he also told me that the reason that china had not committed was they were still inventorying orders that were still coming in .he said in other words they were waiting to see what kinda harvest season North America was going to have.[supply]....now Big R i'm not saying your mans wrong and my guy's right..time will tell on those points.;) what I'm saying is what a discrepancy dealers ,exporters ,and the Asians can give..is it more BS and mind games ,probably ...see \"us as diggers \" we are the lowest rung on the food chain..so we get the least amount of imfo..;)

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14327

my 2 cents.....until the green(wet) seng is over and the chinese come into the market the price is set primarily out of pure speculation every year.....seems like this year dealers are sure scared to make a move....Not all dealers but MOST dealers are NOT trying to get the digger the best price, they are trying to buy it as cheap as they think they can and make the best profit. I know the price we get is for average wild ginseng and it is cherry picked from there, and the price and profit goes up up and up for the dealer as he or she seperates and grades it.

Ultimately it is a business but as a digger it seems like there ought to be a live market we could watch online (kinda like gold,silver....etc). This would give everybody a good baseline or idea whats going on.

SengNveins

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14331

i live in ohio, i sold a dry pound today for $500.00 to a dealer in white cottage name is gillogly . a fair man to deal with.

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14332

thank you for that imfo.slack

Re:Dealers 12 years 5 months ago #14334

I agree lots of prices were posted last year slack I sell to guy in white cottage he's a very great man and gives u a good price. I'm holding mine to see what's going to happen way to much work in digging.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 825 guests and no members online

Login