2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ginseng price

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1583

to help you out tony i will say of this i go to tennessee a lot and to the south and there is nothing but red clay everywhere or that is what i call it. I know around here our black soil makes the rings black so why wouldn't red clay be the same way. Also i have read a lot of articles on smoky mtn seng and watched it on tv and a lot of there dye is blue not to say that is the only color they use though. And the only reason i thought you was a poacher was because you was asking aboout the green seng and said you would have some that weekend or something like that. But anyway we cleared all of that up. Good luck on this years season tony.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1589

I have guys wanting fresh for 300/pound.09/09/009

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1592

Are you saying you have a buyer offering 300 a pound? I'd like to sell at 300 a wet pound!That's like 900 for a dry pound. hook us up.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1593

me too

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1594

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thank you hillbilly i dont know how this has got all out of hand like it has you know i thought this was a good site and i enjoy but these other guys had me thinking diffrant it's been like wolves ? that everyone thought i poached i just love being in the woods and yes i have a lot to learn? i had a great day today found a few ounces but who ever said the berrys was still green was wright but i hunt some place's at this time of summer toward the top of the ridge the plant are dying from either to mutch sun i geuss so yea i will digg those that dont have berrys you know what i mean and no im not digging green berry plants up but anyway i did see some red berry also i planted some berrys 2yrs ago in a holler where it was full of sang so i took the berrys and started planting them like corn that way i would know i planted them WOW i have corn rows everywhere this yr haha what can you say im learning anyway have a good one

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1595

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hey hill billy you said you know about the dirt here why would dealer want to give me half of what sang grown in black dirt would bring they tell me that they cant sell red sang for the price of black dose that make any sence i dont know if their ripping me off or what all i know is that i get some big roots out of this red soil ill try to put a pic of what i found today thanks for any imfo you can give on this

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1597

Sorry y'all stop your droolin and pull up your pants, I miss spoke 300 dry.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1599

Ha! I wish someone would give us 300 wet. We could stop working our day jobs during the season.
300 wet sounds crazy, but I'll tell you this, if you were to sell it at it's final destination in china you'de probabaly be getting more than that.
The dealers we sell to give us 3-400 a pound, so you figure they're selling it for a little more. And the next guy sells at a little more and by the time it gets to china it's 7,8,900 a pound.
I've even read were it's $1,000 an ounce in china for the good stuff. And guess what guy's, we have the good stuff.
I like getting paid, but I'll tell you, the fun of hunting ginseng is worth more. So, I guess I never feel like I'm gettting the bad end of the deal.
Let's hope though that it get's higher than just 300 this year. I'd be very happy with 350 and thrilled with 380 or better.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1603

• Purple
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
jchrisfos wrote:

Ha! I wish someone would give us 300 wet. We could stop working our day jobs during the season.
300 wet sounds crazy, but I'll tell you this, if you were to sell it at it's final destination in china you'de probabaly be getting more than that.
The dealers we sell to give us 3-400 a pound, so you figure they're selling it for a little more. And the next guy sells at a little more and by the time it gets to china it's 7,8,900 a pound.
I've even read were it's $1,000 an ounce in china for the good stuff. And guess what guy's, we have the good stuff.
I like getting paid, but I'll tell you, the fun of hunting ginseng is worth more. So, I guess I never feel like I'm gettting the bad end of the deal.
Let's hope though that it get's higher than just 300 this year. I'd be very happy with 350 and thrilled with 380 or better.

Well I can only say one thing, you can bet I will not sell my seng for 300 dry no way no how. Couple years ago got good money an last year price fell out so I kept over 11lbs dry. This year I expect that much or more an I still will keep it another year at 300.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 8 months ago #1605

Yeehaw!!! Two more days til the diggin starts! Berries I saw last week were pretty green though.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 374 guests and no members online

Login