2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ginseng price

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1567

All the plants i have seen in Tennessee still have green berries. just give it two or 3 more weeks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1569

• Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry about the implied price in WNC... No one is BUYING yet, that is the PLANNED price per pound that has been discussed for the upcoming season. The people I know let their planned prices be known well before season starts. I am glad the price is low because too many poachers see it as an opportunity for fast cash. I grow mine on my own property now and have had a terrible time with poachers for 2 years now.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1570

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thankyou all for your replys i do hunt every cahnce i can when seson opens but i leave the green berrys along i also love the hunt so i would never bite the hand that could feed me one day the thrill is what i am after plus i can use the money i am currantly going to school so yea the money helps i have only been hunting for 4 yrs and i catch alot of slack on my sang because it is red that is just the color of soil where i have permmision also i only know 2 who buys and i dont feal like they are being fair some times i do understand from their point of veiw but i just dont like to think everyone in these are cheats i just love to hunt it and want what everyone else gets for it no more or no less this is kinda dangerous to do account of the snakes and ticks you know what i mean i meet one of the biggest rattel snake i ever seen last yr so i have even more respect forthis hobby i would never dig everything in the woods but here it has been getting so dry you still have time to scout some while the berrys are getting wripe and you can pick up some yellow plant along the way and you will have some sang stock piled by mid sept well anyway if you know about the red sang in tennessee and can tell me who will buy it please let me know thanks everyone

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1572

Tony sorry for the confusion. I just don't like to think of someone out their poaching seng before it is time. It just hurts us and everyone else. Anyways good luck this season and good luck on the red seng i myself don't know what to tell you on that. Anyways good luck and once again sorry for the confusion.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1573

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
not aproblem i dont like people who dig out of season or the little stuff it is the stupidest thing i have ever seen but peopel who do it want be doing it for long if i found out who it is i would be glad to turn them in, season in the cherokee national forest dont start till the first of sept is what the rangers told me they want give out any permits till then ive never sold out of state but i would if it was legal and profitable who do you get a permit to do that and how mutch is it ty

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1574

• Randy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Tony, Are you sure the sang is not red because it is protected? The reason I ask is I know they have been dying ginseng in the Smokey mountains. I am not saying this is true with you. Just a thought.

Hey and why I am on here, season starts here in ky were I am at. So everyone have have a great and plentyful and safe year digging.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1575

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i dont hunt the smokeys and im not a pocher there is alot of sandy red soil here so that is where the red comes from anymore ?

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1576

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
WHAT HAVE I SAID to make everyone think im a pocher or i dont hunt gingsing right? im a outdoorsmen everything i love has to do with nature if you will read what i have wrote and think about what i say surely it will tell you im not a pocher that realy pisses me off that so many are replying that i poche or dont follow the rules HOW WOULD YOU FEAL????????

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1579

• BAM
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tony, I am glad you have decided to quit poaching.I think there is a pretty big fine if you get caught,so it probably wasnt worth it anyway.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1580

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
what makes you think im a pocher dumb ss

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 807 guests and no members online

Login