2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Emergence of 2014

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28206

NICE looking seng Hugh and Hill.
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28207

Hillhopper- I am always amazed at the growth there in your hillside. Really nice!

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28209

Very nice Hugh n hill. Can't wait til my start to come up. Blood root starting to bloom
Attachments:

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28212

Hillhopper...

Man your hillside there is sure looking good.

I think I have seen that patch a few times in my dreams :-)

Best of luck with this season and would love to see another pic after they all fill out good.

TNhunter

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28213

Yeh Hill,
I agree. Everything is looking mighty fine there. I just hope none of you get the kind of weather like we got last night after you get your plants up and spreading out. We had winds over 50 miles per hour and fierce lightning with some scattered hail around in places. This morning I picked up large limbs that were 10- 15 feet long and 3-4 inches in diameter The heavy rain and wind just twisted and beat the young tender plants to shreds. Every plant that I had over 6 inches tall was laying on the ground and I worked for several hours to get things back to some kind of normal. More on the way in a few hours. Oh well, no body said it was going to be easy. It's Mother Nature and you take what you get and make the best of it. Good luck tonight fellows.

Hugh

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28214

Thanks fellas, Im glad to see how its shaping up so far myself.
We didn't get many bad storms here, Hugh. A little wind and a lot of rain but nothing to lay them down. I hope it didn't hurt yours too bad.

Hillhopper

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28219

No emergence for me yet in northern Iowa. I am guessing a it will be a week or two. We have got a lot of rain fall but it has been cold. Last year it was may 12 for emergence.....

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28222

I checked my woods where I planted 1000 seeds last year, still nothing. Fingers are still crossed.

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28224

Finally a small sign of life in this NC mountain valley at about 3300ft. No seeds planted last Fall have come up yet.
Attachments:

Re:Emergence of 2014 9 years 10 months ago #28246

Yesterday, I checked my \"piedmont patch\" which is behind my home in the treeline at the end of my yard. this was poo soil, and I put some lime down, and and gypsum, sprayed it a bit with my nutrigrow solution... however the soil was so beat there that I didn't have much hope for it.

Last year's sang back there was far less than the years before, and it died 3/4 the way thru the season. We had a very very wet summer here, and I figured that it had fallen to too much wet.

No sign of anything a month ago, when I looked.

Last night, I checked it again, and was pleased to fine several [translate=many] patches of sang in there. Perhaps at least 8 individual patches with around 20 plants in them! yea! I'll post photos of them tonight when I get home.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Who's Online

We have 354 guests and no members online

Login