2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41998

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41999

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42000

I ran into this guy. If any of you know what kind of snake this is let me know! I can't seem to identify it.
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42001

looks like your having fun44 ,i was getting excited to hit the woods,but got some bad news,,,,,,brother in law that lives in Raleigh, North Carolina called last Sat. morning said he was going to the hospital he was having stomach problems,,,by Monday the doctors are telling us length of life and quality of life, by Wed. the brother in law is telling us where he wants his possession to go to..this makes both brother in laws now have cancer,one has had it over a year and is getting along a lot better...this one they said is not curable ,aggressive and fast acting...I guess mid sept . ill be going down and stay with him for a couple weeks...

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42002

Oh man, I hate to hear that chief. I just lost an aunt to ovarian cancer. That damn disease can hit any of us at anytime. It really does put things into perspective. I hope god gives you guys strength and comfort during this time.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42003

thanks 44,he is only 55 years old. his daughter just gave birth 3 months ago to his grandson..kinda hard going right now.he'has been coming up here every year for thanksgiving for 25 years and stays with us..that feller can eat a ton of crappie..i told him ,man your a 45 min.drive from the coast ,you got access to all that fresh sea food,he told me that I could have all them shrimp and crabs ,lobster,i wanted ,,,those crappie are better than any of those,,,2 years ago I seen him eat 26 fillets by his self,and those were fillets off of crappie that weighed a pound,pound and half apiece ....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42004

I love fresh seafood, but I tell you that crappie never disappoints. I can really put em away as well, good stuff!

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42008

Sorry to hear about your brothers-in-law Chief. Don't know what else to say really. Cancer sucks!

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42011

thanks jm,

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #42012

It's about sengin time in Tennessee. Beautiful weather here today comfortable temps and low humidity. Can't get to excited though, suppose to be hot and humid for pretty much all of early season ginseng, ughh. Looks to be about like the start of last season as far as temps. I'll have to start out with some short hunts I believe. I went down to the river today for a few hours, and found a little gold. I seemed to run across more sporting goods than gold today, and I didn't even have to go to Dick's, lol.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Who's Online

We have 300 guests and no members online

Login