2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41888

Well, I got out today and did some river exploring. Boy has it been hot around here lately, upper 80's to low 90's, about the only thing to do is stay in the water or inside. The water is low enough at the river to expose a lot of bedrock. I found me a pretty sweet crevice to work in a new area and found some nice pieces. Those hills are really green and thick right now, made me think of September sengin.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41889

Bedrock gold
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41890

Nice little mini nugget
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41891

Down in the canyon
Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41892

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41893

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41894

That's some good looking water running there. Nice gold bits too.

I have never tried panning for gold anywhere... probably because there is none to be found around here (Middle TN).
I have never heard of anyone doing that around here, so I suppose that means you just can't find it here.

It has been warm here this week too, last weekend I caught several bass and a few blackperch on my favorite old top water bait - the Rebel PopR. They usually start getting aggressive enough to bust that top water bait around mid to later may.
As hot as it has been this week, I am sure they will be ready to have some of that in the morning.

I may have to go and catch me a few more. My wife is good with eating fish about once a week, but more than that is too much for her.

I can always freeze some for winter !

I need to get out soon and check all my wild sim, and seed bed and get some good Pics. I am sure they have all about completely filled out by now and are looking good.

Hunting Gold, or Fishing or whatever you all are doing this weekend... Good Luck to you !

TNHunter

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41895

Hey Tn, the gold belt in Tennessee runs along the far eastern part of the state pretty much along the Appalachians. One of the country's first gold rushes was in the Coker Creek area around tellico plains in Monroe county, Tennessee around 1827. There's gold here for sure, but it lies in a pretty narrow belt in this state. I just finished up crappie fishing it's really been to hot to be on the lake. Did pretty well this spring trolling bandit crank baits. Looking forward to this September. Good luck on the crops, and keep wearing those smallies out!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 10 months ago #41896

nice find...

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 9 months ago #41902

Well, we finally got a break from all the hot weather. It's been really nice and cool around here lately, almost fall like temps. I couldn't resist hitting the river today. I probably hiked about a mile down river and did some gold crevicing along the way. I ran into a bear the other afternoon back in there, he looked to be around 2 years old. He still got the ole heart pumping though, lol.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
Time to create page: 0.471 seconds

Who's Online

We have 434 guests and no members online

Login