2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 8 months ago #41967

Couple trout grilled with butter and cajun seasoning, some good eating!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 8 months ago #41968

wildspirit44 wrote: Couple trout grilled with butter and cajun seasoning, some good eating!

looking good,state introduced otters here 20 years ago,the fishing here has suffered ,

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 8 months ago #41969

Chief, I've lived here most of my life and this is the first year I've noticed them. I always figured there was a few, but never noticed large families like this. They are insane swimmers, I couldn't believe the way they darted around underwater. I guess they'd have to be to catch a trout. I actually had one that was playing some kind of game with me. He'd swim right up to me, and I'd wave my hand, and he'd duck underwater then resurface again and look at me, lol. He did this for the longest time. I wonder if fish and wildlife service know about them. I can see how those otters could decimate a fish population.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41970

They introduced Otters back into my area several years ago (10-15?) it has been a while...

They completely wiped out catfish from many a pond or small lake. Not sure how many Bass they get...

I see them occasionally on the stretch of river that I fish regularly...

A couple years ago I made a nice cast with a Rebel Pop R on... and it landed right at the edge of the water... just where I wanted it.
All of a sudden two Otters ran right down to the waters edge looking at my bait. They looked up and saw me about the same time and then ran off quickly.

I came close to having an Otter on ultra light tackle and 10 lb test braid fireline.

TNHunter

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41971

Tn, it really is unbelievable how they can catch fish the way they do. I hope they can relocate them, and the tourists as well...JK..:lol:
Now, catching an otter on ultra light tackle that would be an interesting experience!

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41972

44, I don't know that tourists are "relocatable" which is why I made my escape from OR and the PNW in general.

Wonder if otters are good eatin'?

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41974

"wonder if otters are good eatin?"
Jm, I don't know i'd say times would have to be pretty rough for me to find out, lol.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41975

I tried them back when I trapped a lot,tried bbq on the grill ,no good,the longer I chewed it the bigger it got in my mouth till I had to spit it out......

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41996

Almost time to hit the woods. Man has it been hot lately. I hope it cools down by September. I have really enjoyed my river time this summer though, still finding some decent gold. My new found hobby has really cut into my fishing time, lol. I have to say I'm ready for cooler weather and time in the woods and some fall crappie as well.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 4 years 7 months ago #41997

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Who's Online

We have 551 guests and no members online

Login