2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Deer Hunting

Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #14972

I know that we have quite a few deer hunters who are members of this site. Just thought I'd start a new thread for all of us hunters to post on. Don't have a lot to share so far. Just got in the woods to hunt for the first time this fall this morning. Had a young buck wander by at about 12 yards. That was the only deer I saw. Could have had a limit of squirrels if I'd of had my 22 instead of my bow:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #14973

squirrels are bad here too.at one time this weekend I could see 18 different squirrels from my stand.

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #14975

I like to squirrel hunt, but with just a short time between when the ginseng goes down and the pre-rut starts picking up just seems like I seldom get to go. If I can anchor a nice older buck early in bow season then I'm definately going to thin some of those rascals out :)

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #14976

Here's a pic of last years buck.

Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #14977

nice buck 5,heres my bow kill from last year... ...he scored 158...

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #14978

Dandy buck Chief! He'll be hard to beat. Didn't have the one I shot last year scored....but probably only in the 120's

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #14979

Bowhunting has been very good this year. Too bad my 'sang patch isn't in my backyard! I'm gonna do so deerhunting over the patch this year, try to cut the traffice down in there...

Anyway, saw a very nice buck, just too far away to shoot. Wonderful woods days this past weekend [we can bowhunt on Sundays here in NC on private land].

Squirrells are all over the place! Heavy acorn production this year...

Cheiftan and Sprang: Very nice bucks you got!

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15000

Do you guys make much jerky? I like to use half soy sauce and half worcestershire sauce. Mix some salt and black pepper maybe a little red hot sauce if you like it hot. Then soak a couple of days in the frig. Just a cheaper way to make your own mix.

rootman

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15006

I used to make lots of jerky..then I went to making smokey links...

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15048

Wow, great deer! Here's my bow kill I got a couple weeks ago.

No bucks, saw a couple but no shots. Our last day of bow season was Sunday, the very day I found my first two scrapes! I also saw a buck nosing a doe Friday .... and the foolish state of Vt says no more hunting til rifle season...Nov. 13th!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 469 guests and no members online

Login