2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Deer Hunting

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15054

very nice doe,maya congrats..its coming daylight here and I'm headed to my stand..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15055

Nice pics fellas! My brother is the deer hunter in my family. He has his first doe of the year and a nice one at that. Has his eye on a big buck, but he said there is a reason he's big, he's smart and hard to find even for my bro who knows all the tricks.
Latt

Maya, that's a nice big doe for sure holy cow!!

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15063

Nice looking doe Maya! Congrats. Didn't go out this morning because of rain and T-storms rolling through, but yesterday saw several does and had a 2 1/2 year old 8 point pushing a doe through the area. He just wasn't quite what I'm looking for. Nice big bodied deer though. Seems like it is starting to heat up.

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15069

Nice deer guys,

And Maya.....that Sam Adams sure looks tasty!

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15072

after this mornings hunt me and a old buddy went to the river I trap on..I wanted to check for rat sign..we managed 34 crappie.before the old fart froze out.. ...headed to my tree in a mist of rain.

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15076

LOL Chieftain! Not fishing weather here anymore. Snow tonight!!!

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15077

I'm not fishing today,i don't think.. ..cold front went through,pretty chilly out there..no snow..dont want any either..;) going to sit in my stand for a couple hours..

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15080

Hey Nice Buck there 5 Prong and a good sized doe there Maya.

I prefer those yearling does for eatin (about a 60-80 pounder) - good stuff.

Me and my boy are going deer hunting this weekend. It's juvinile weekend here in TN and I have him a blind setup about 25 yards up hill from a nice slick trail. Hope a big one comes around - can't wait to see how he reacts.

He has been making it hard on the squirrels this year but now a big old buck would sure be a different story (they can sure make you take the thumps).

:-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15095

very nice.TN. good luck..

Re:Deer Hunting 12 years 5 months ago #15106

TN - Thanks, and good luck to you and your boy this weekend!

Chief - congrats on the crappie fishing. I just can't find much time in the fall to go, but maybe next week I'll make some time between deer hunts. But if the weather is decent it will be hard to get me out of the woods at all next week. I think this Saturday will be an awesome day here to hunt as it is definately heating up rut wise and temperature is only supposed to get to low to mid 40's for the high. But I have to work:( It will be monday before I can get out again.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1189 guests and no members online

Login