2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: western nc prices

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15542

I am still holding out to. So is a friend of mine, I hope to see it go up some they is to much competition around here. Lots of people dig out of season. Its a shame. I usually sell to Donald Phillips thanksgiving week also. May not this year only got 2 pounds every where I went someone had done been lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15543

I'm still holding 6 1/2 pounds, good old sang, if it dosen't get to my price I'll hold till next year. I held 5 1/2 pounds year before last and sold at $775 last year. We just don't need to get in a hurry, its still early yet.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15544

Yeah I've held mine over a time or two but I probably won't this year, gotta have that christmas and heating oil money. I've always been fotunate enough to be able to hold onto mine till near the end of the year and I know it would help the price if everybody could hold out till late in the year but I understand people have circumstances and needs that call for them to sale early especially with the economic times we're in.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15545

I don't think it's going up much more. My buddy that's been digging for 30 years said that there's a chance the Asian dealers are trying to get the price back down. I also spoke to my dealer who said that there is still a ton of last years crop, and lots of small roots, so it might not go up much higher.

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15547

Dumpy wrote:

said that there is still a ton of last years crop, and lots of small roots, so it might not go up much higher.

Dumpy.I'm not say you are your buyer are wrong..two dealers I talked to a month ago said there was hardly any of last years crop left over..just some imfo. I thought I would pass along..

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15548

Whats a few more weeks to see what its going to do. I've waited this long. Heard all year its not going to do anything, market is flooded, surplus from last year, on and on. But yet its slowy crept up. Guess we will see

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15549

Whats a few more weeks to see what its going to do. I've waited this long. Heard all year its not going to do anything, market is flooded, surplus from last year, on and on. But yet its slowy crept up. Guess we will see

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15560

Richard Smith is at 520.00

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15561

Richard Smith is at 520.00

Re:western nc prices 12 years 4 months ago #15621

Has anybody called around and checked prices in WNC in the last few days, just wondering if theys been any movement this week?

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 432 guests and no members online

Login