2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ginseng Poaching Featuered on CBS This Morning Program

Re:Ginseng Poaching Featuered on CBS This Morning Program 10 years 1 month ago #27695

in my recent reading into Ginseng \"Law and Regulation\" I thought it was only
\"Wild American Ginseng\" that was being regulated. I find now that Wild and
Wild Simulated are in the wording of CITES
www.fws.gov/international/plants/american-ginseng.html

Now we get back to the grammatical term of wild simulated... or is it woods grown(Sang)
to get to put on what its value is on the export market (?)
something more yet in the book \" Ginseng the Divine Root \" it was said it is all in
genetics Wild American Ginseng that comes from North American seed ...

Giving us all something more to talk about. Can I call my woods grown and do what ever I want when ever I want with the sang I propagate ? Guess its all up to what the Game Warden or Ranger that finds us in its possession of our sack full LOL :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Poaching Featuered on CBS This Morning Program 10 years 1 month ago #27697

jimseng,
Just about all our plantings would actually fall under woods grown because of any amendments to the soil or any other help that we give to the plants. If you're growing on your own property this gives you quite a bit of lee-way on propagation and transplanting and etc.
Now, If the end results looks like wild roots you're still going to get premium prices.

Re:Ginseng Poaching Featuered on CBS This Morning Program 10 years 1 month ago #27699

Yeah I've always thought about that. Personally I think that if you fertilize and spray that it makes it woods grown. It seems people generally think it's woods grown if you doing raised beds or tilling or something. The big question is what level of cultivation do you need before it's woods grown? We have to remember that every little help you give the plant makes it appear less wild. That's why I think we need another category; something like \"Essentially Wild\" or some such thing. Something that basically only differs from wild in who planted the seed.

Re:Ginseng Poaching Featuered on CBS This Morning Program 10 years 1 month ago #27700

Yea Rootman,
I have realized by the roots I have been digging out of the 2006 planting they are man root(wild) appearance.Also found ppl in the city wanting the roots fresh, which I myself prefer to use, in soup,salads and just to gnaw on (an acquired taste)
Also been satisfied with the $120 an ounce (fresh) they were willing to pay.
I dugg for requested orders, only 6-7 ounces for them and myself.This year I hope to gig out much more as time allows..
Had to talk some last..to work out some. To vent my own issues here at home (good therapy)..Reading and writing. Thanks for listening, jim

Re:Ginseng Poaching Featuered on CBS This Morning Program 9 years 9 months ago #28870

Man this Guy is asking $400 dollars a pound for seed. he is trying to profit from the Fact that sane is getting hard to find .. Do we know why To much advertising, Sorry but saning has been a part of my life for 25 years until a few years ago it was hush hush. I can find sane in the places I have hunted the past 25 years just by the basic rules any sane hunter needs to follow.The problem is some idiot coming in behind you and digging it all.Please buy seed that is as close to your region as possible. Dont give This guy $400 a pound that is ludicrousness. Break off the tops of smaller plants in late fall so some idiot don't dig em.If you dig a good size plant that has a small root protruding close to the stem just take the part you need and plant it back.Plant the seed that's on your plant back and if a few of the seed are still green plant the stem deep in the dirt and loosen the dirt close to it so the seed will fall on lose soil.Why don't we start a forum for new diggers that has tips on how to keep sane sustainable for future generations. The way the media is going we will be screwed in a few years.I know the best year I ever had I only sold 3 dry pounds. I would have made that much cash working at Mcdonalds if it was broke down to actual hours at work.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 592 guests and no members online

Login