Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DeerHunting 2012

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21686

PA. 9PT

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21687

trahn007...

Wow - another really nice buck. My nephew is a ginseng hunter too...

I think there may be something about seng hunters (someone that gets that into the wild stuff and all) that makes em better Deer Hunters :-)

So far on this years post that sure seems true.

I notice you have snow on the ground up there in PA.

Nothing like that here yet - we don't usually get a lot of snow here in Middle TN until Jan or Feb.

TNhunter

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21693

Very nice buck Trahn... Congrats!

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21694

Looks like pleanty of meat there, Trahn. NIce antlers as well!

Good shootin'!

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21696

I agree that it is a really nice Buck! Congrats Trahn!

Frank

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21702

Hello all, it's been a while since I've been on the site. Congrats to all, there are some very nice deer there!

Unfortunately for me I took a nasty fall while climbing with a climber in Illinois. I was nocked unconsious so I'm not certain on the whole deal, but the bottom fell out from under me when I was up to about 12-15'. To make a long story short, I broke 4 ribs, 2 vertebrae, severely bruised and lacerated my liver and one lung, got a pnemothorax, and even ended up with pneumonia to boot!!

Bottom line I was sick and tired and shouldn't have been out there, but more importantly did not use my safety strap all the way up. I was going to strap in when I got to the top.

Starting to get better now but have a long way to go. Oh I did get this nice doe before the fall!!

Don't forget to use those safety straps all the way up! Broken ribs and backs don't feel to good! My liver is not expected to fully recover for about 6-9 months!
Attachments:

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21704

Maya, its great to hear from you! Im glad your doing better. From the sounds of it youve still got a ways to go..... I hope you have a full and speedy recovery. Very nice doe - Congrats!

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21709

Maya- those injuries are pretty extensive... and all from a fall from a deerstand? Wow.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Nice doe, pretty big deer!

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21721

Went out yesterday guys, My buddy got a young buck, nothing special in the antler dept, however plenty of good meat. I came up empty handed, tho.

I'm planning on hunting up in the mountains the week after Christmas, tho... will try to redeem myself there then.

Re:DeerHunting 2012 11 years 4 months ago #21723

Hey fellas i bought a half a side of beef. Hanging weight was 450 lbs. After hanging for 2 weeks I ended up with 226 lbs of beef after it was butchered. It cost me $1,200 total for the meat, butchering and packing. So it ended up costing $5.30 per pound. Not a bad deal I guess. My brother said he gets about 100 to 150 lbs of meet from a buck depending on the size. It cost around $50 to have a deer processed around here. So I wish I would have filled my freezer with deer meat verses beef. Just a good in my book and a whole lot better on price verses beef.
Latt

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 350 guests and no members online

Login