2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng Season Open In Kentucky 2010

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4588

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I got to go Back to the woods today and as I exspected in this area their was alot of Mature 4`s and 3,s it was a great day with a very good harvest amount of Seng 41 Ounces that will be hard to top this season and if I do not top that I will have no regrets.This area is so steep and ruff that I try not to visit it often,but when you do its awsome.So here is some photos of todays hunt.

Nothing like looking into the sun behind a cloud over the Appalachian Mountians at daylight.I love to admire all of Gods Beauty.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4589

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4590

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I was sort of shocked to find this patch that had 4 nice 3`s and 3 Nice 4`s with no berries on them,but once I looked closer they had already droped their seed the red tip in the pod was showing on them and some of the seed was laying around,that was very odd this early around here.Also they where the only plants that we found that had did this all the other bunches where red and greeinsh red and still in the pod.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4591

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thats a dandy
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4592

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Todays Harvest
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4593

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
These two roots are old and mature these two weighed 3 3/4 ounces very nice.
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4594

Great looking seng Billy, congrats on an awesome day! I got out after work today and planted and pinched like I said I wanted to. Even though I dug this last year there was still a lot of good seng there. I'll post some pics on another thread here in a little while.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4598

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
5prong wrote:

Great looking seng Billy, congrats on an awesome day! I got out after work today and planted and pinched like I said I wanted to. Even though I dug this last year there was still a lot of good seng there. I'll post some pics on another thread here in a little while.

Thanks 5 I`ll be sure to catch those pics and thats great that their was still good seng 2 years straight very good.

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4607

That's what I'm talking about! Congratulations Billy on some great roots!
I did a bit of scouting again this evening and found a few more plants. Nothing impressive and the leaves are already dropping on many of what I found. Very few holding any green berries at all, and many have dropped or have started to drop their red berries.
I found an overgrown area that held some smaller plants and expected to find some grand daddy plants in there. No such luck. Somebody must dig in there that I don't know about. That or I just passed them by, but I doubt if that's the case.
Billy I will try to get a photo for you of a spot I found some Ginseng in the other day while I harvest it, if the tops last that long. I was shocked. They are growing in a field! No lie, never seen anything like it.
Anyhow, keep us posted how you are doing, and good luck!

Re:Ginseng Season Open In Ky 2010 13 years 7 months ago #4621

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Shroomy thanks,that was some rough,tuff walking in their I`ll tell you.

I do not think that you just passed by old mature plants I have learned over the last year of chating with you that you are thourough when you are scouting.You are probibily right perhaps some one has dug them a few years back and they have not returned yet for the lack of enough seasons to grow,but seeing their is good younger seng it is a good spot to keep a check on for sure.

In a field ? I have never seen that either. I sure would like to see them pictures.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Who's Online

We have 461 guests and no members online

Login