2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: High Mountain Sengin 2018

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41373

Thanks carl, really enjoy recording my hunts. Man!, that is some unfortunate news about your friend. I tell ya like i've said before early September is such a rough time to be out in the woods especially in the type of terrain we hunt ginseng in. It will make you wish you stayed home real quick. I hope your friend is able to recuperate and get back at it, and your uncle as well. Suppose to have thunderstorms on and off all this week which will make sengin a rather sketchy proposition. Hope you are able to get some good time in. Be safe and a good harvest to you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41374

Amazing how green the woods are by you. Everything is dry here in West TN. I live for the day I could get more than a few ounces of root

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41376

carl my best hopes and wishes are with you and your friend Weng ..I hope him a speedy recovery.....

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41377

Hate to hear about your dry conditions over there AK. That ginseng harvest greatly depends on that rain, and luckily we had really good rainfall this spring and summer here in east tn mountains. Now, couple years back we had a bad drought, and this time that year everything on the ridges was just scorched! I mean it looked like someone took a flame thrower to it you couldn't hardly find a one up high. You had to hunt the creek bottoms just to find em. I expect the seng to stay pretty green here through most of September this season, unless we get any weird cold fronts mixed with rain. It's just different year to year. Hope you can squeeze some more oz's over there AK, good and safe hunting to you!

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41378

Just read your post about your friend hope he recovers quickly. I got some family that live in weyrs valley. Sp. Check. If I ever get up that way I'll holler at ya. Be safe, and may all your steps lead you to giant Ginseng

Last Edit: by diggerAK. Reason: Misspelled

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41379

Are you talking about Wears Valley? here in east tn?

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41380

That's it. Always wanted to run those mountains.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41381

yes, beautiful area not to far from my house. Little river runs through there as well which is where I do a lot of gold sluicing and trout fishing. National park is pretty close to there as well. There's some mouth watering areas around there for sure!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41392

Got up this morning and checked the radar not sure what I was gonna see, but lo and behold it was clear as a bell! Got my stuff together and headed up to the mountain. Had some good showers yesterday, and man those hills were slick!. The fog set in thick this morning, but all in all beautiful morning to be out. Glad I got a day out before the major rain comes in Thursday, or it's suppose to anyway. I managed 14.3 oz's, and an old RC cola bottle I found down in the hollow. It appears to be 60's maybe? I thought it was cool so brought it home and cleaned it up. If any of you guys know what year it is let me know.

High Mountain Sengin 2018 5 years 7 months ago #41393

14.3 oz's and an old bottle, lol. Never know what your gonna come across out there.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Who's Online

We have 152 guests and no members online

Login