2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: tomorrow

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2256

well guys went up to bear country today found 9oz and that was the hardest 9oz in awhile anyway got scared to death by a big doe laying down being just as still as she could be i thought i had seen something out of the corner of my eye and when i took the 2nd look she bolted . i thought A BEAR done got me anyway here is a pic of a plant just standing there waiting on me to see it ,if it would have been a snake it would have bit me ,haha p,s the berry stem had to be 6to 10inch but not realy a big root all the roots i had found are kinda small but big tops on them its real rocky up there im going to find the grand daddy up there if it is the last thing i do ill try to get you all some pictures of the mnts i been in the last 2 weeks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2257

thats a good looking one there your holding,coondog.....i went to the woods i'd never been in..dug the biggest of the year so far..total 4 pounds 13 ounces...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2258

dug several today that had 2 ounce or bigger root on the,,

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2259

some 2 ouncer's ..

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2283

don't look like i'm going to get to go for a couple days..i was beat when i took those pic.'s last night.. 3/4 mile walk one way to get to that woods..set's out in the middle of probably 1000's of acers of corn and soy beans..about a 15 acer woods..today i weighed up the single roots..i had 17 that weighed over 2 ounces a piece....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2285

I know what you mean, this sure was a lot easier 20 years ago. I havent been out the last couple of days, but am planning on going out to some real thick stuff and hitting it hard looking for some real old guys in the morning.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2286

5 thats where i'v been finding mine..i dug yesterday mostly in blackberry canes and buck brush and that where the biggest ones where..i pinched off several 4 prongers because they had so many tiny 3and 4 year old plants clustered around them..i didn't think i could get them out without destroying most of the little ones..good luck on your next outing...

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2311

Just got in. Had a pretty good day. Dug 7 4-prongs today and a couple of stems that had dropped the leaves already.Quite a few nice 3's too. The roots were a little small for the size of the tops. They all were mature plants. Most of them having at least 15 growth rings. One of them I counted 29. I ended up with 13 ounces Which is a pretty good day for me. Not quite the grand old roots I'd envisioned, but hey I'm not complaining.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2313

way to go, sounds like a good hunt to me..your sang must be alot futher along than ours..

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2315

Chieftain boy those sure are some nice big old roots!! Ive only had a couple that were close to two ounces or better but did manage to dig bout 22 ounces today figure i'll be hittin it hard for the next couple weeks tryin to find some as nice as yours.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 648 guests and no members online

Login