2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: tomorrow

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2204

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hmm that is very odd Chieftain even more than my case of missing tops altogether,because if they where there and didnt form ? it may be a weather related problem indeed and I hope that is what it was and they produce next season,it will be interesting to see Chieftain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2210

Just wanted to comment on the missing top issue. I to have noticed this as a matter of fact I found one of the biiggest plants, and root, that ive ever found and it puzzled me because there was no cluster at all!! Like it never formed, but to add to the mystery I also dug three other roots in the same location that were very nice mature 3 and a 4 prongs and they had the clusters, to of them had full ripe berries on em. I actually spent 5-10 min diggin those before I even noticed the huge one growin right ther not more than 2 feet away. puzzeling and very interesting to say the least!!!

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2213

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Birdnird the big 40 1/4 inch bunch we found thats posted in the thread Ginseng season open in Ky was the same way,and also around it within 2 foot where tops in tact,it is confusing and something new to me I never saw that before.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2215

Guys, I have seen occasional mature plants that didn't produce a berry stem or berries, but never a whole patch that way like cheiftain described. I always thought that maybe they just skipped a year kinda like they do coming up at all, or that the root was struggling to get all the nutrients it needs. I don't pretend to know what the cause is, just sharing my thoughts. But again, Ive never seen a whole patch like that.

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2220

got out for 3 hours today found a good north facing hillside with some muture plants on it.2 pounds 5 ounces....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2221

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2222

boy that was a wellllll spent 3 hrs. I found 34 roots today as soon as hillbilly shows me how I will show yall some of mine. lots of luck(not that you need it ha ha )

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2227

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Chieftain very good haul especialy for the time spent,outstanding congrats on a great day...........

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2236

thanks men,tomarrow going to a woods I'v never looked..you never know ,till you go....

Re:tomorrow 14 years 7 months ago #2240

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Well said hope you the best

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 285 guests and no members online

Login