2024 Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Currently shipping until sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ohio ginseng season 2012

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 3 weeks ago #20183

SNV - Thanks, yes it is on the 6000 acres, and I haven't covered fifty yet.. There is a huge hollow with many side hollows. Everything I dug today came from the first side hollow I came to, and I didn't get all the way up it. It is pretty secluded too. Can you tell I'm a little excited about this area?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 3 weeks ago #20185

There aint nothing like a new big bunch of woods to get my blood pumping, sounds like you may have a few sleepless nights ahead! Good luck and keep that digger dirty !!!!

SengNveins

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 3 weeks ago #20195

5prong,
It looks like you have hit thejackpot with your new plot that you hunted this weekend. Those are great looking roots. Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugh

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 2 weeks ago #20294

Thanks guys. Got back in there today. Took my brother with me today, and together we managed to get 28 ounces. Sorry, but didn't take any camera to the woods because of light rain in the area today. Not quite as nice as the stuff I got into on Sunday, but we did find some decent ones.
Attachments:

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 2 weeks ago #20296

Attachments:

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 2 weeks ago #20298

Attachments:

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 2 weeks ago #20319

Nice looking roots you got there 5 .... Keep them pics a comin.

SengNveins

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 2 weeks ago #20356

Got out after work tonight for a couple hour hunt on that 6000 acre spot. It will be the last one there this fall. The owner and his family are serious deer hunters, and some other guys have got part of it leased for deer hunting, and since bow season starts this weekend.... I'm out of time this fall. Today I only got 5 and 1/2 ounces... but that's definitely not bad for two and a half hours. 3 hunts there and I got a total of 38 ounces. Definitely going to be looking forward to getting back in there next year ;) I ended it up right though, cause I got the biggest one of the year tonight. It weighs 1.3 ounces

Attachments:

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 2 weeks ago #20357

Attachments:

Re:Ohio ginseng season 2012 12 years 2 weeks ago #20358

5, Thats what I'm talking about....nice way to wrap up a section of woods for sure. Can't wait to see what you find in there next year.

SengNveins

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 381 guests and no members online

Login